Chapter 9

"Zoe I'm so sorry but, you were in an orphanage because mum didn't want you, she gave you up," Zayn stumbled with his words.

"Oh," I said. "But don't worry Zayn, I'm not mad at you it's not your fault. I just need sometime to be alone and think."

Zayn nodded and left my room. I laid down on my bed and tried to process the information I had just learned. Why would any mother not want their child? I looked at the my phone, it was 11:40 pm. I sighed, I knew that there was only one thing I had to do.

I got up and headed to my closet. I grabbed my duffel bag and shoved two pairs of jeans, three t-shirts, two sweatshirts, and an extra pair of shoes into it. I went to my dresser and grabbed my wallet, which had my three week allowance of £90. Perfect, I thought. That would be just enough for me to get a bus to where I needed to go with around £30 or £40 to spare.

I was almost ready for my secret journey, but there was one last thing I had to do. A note to the boys.
Dear Zayn, Niall, Liam, Louis, and Harry,
Please don't worry about me. I'll be back home as soon as I find the answers to all my questions. I'm not going to tell you where I've gone because I know you'll come after me. But the answers I need can only come from one source. I am coming back home guys, I promise.
Love, Zoe

After I wrote the note, I put it on my pillow in the middle of my bed where I knew the boys would find it. I shouldered my duffel and looked at the time, 12:30 pm. Perfect, the boys would already be asleep since they needed to be up early tomorrow. I snuck out the back door and started walking to the local bus station. I bought the ticket to where I needed to go and got on the bus.

*The Next Morning*
**Zayn's P.O.V**
We were in such a rush, that I was so caught up in fixing my hair that I almost forgot to wake up Zoe. "Lads, can one of you wake up Zoe," I called to them.

"I got it," Niall called as he headed towards her room.

I turned back to my hair when I heard Niall call all of us to Zoe's room. I sighed it seemed as though my hair would never end up perfect. Niall pointed to a note in his hands. We all leaned over his shoulder to read it. The others had finished reading and gasped.

"Where could she be," Liam panicked. "We have to find her."

"I know exactly where she is, she's in..."

Authors Note
Ooh cliffhanger again. Where do you think Zoe went? Any guesses? You can expect an update tomorrow as well. Hope you guys enjoyed this.
~H