"What are you doing in my bed?!"

I woke with an arm wrapped securely around my waist. I was facing the other way and it took me a while to process someone else was on my bed.

I opened my mouth and screamed bloody murder.

A hand clamped down on my mouth and i struggled to break free. I was squirming kicking and biting before i heard the voice.

"Julie shut up its just me!" My best friend's voice said angrily

I stopped and turned slightly.

"What are you doing in my bed?!" I shrieked

"Uh... my mom she ... uh kicked me out again" He frowned

"What did you do this time?" I sighed.

"Well... i may have kind of threatened to drop out of school...." he replied getting up

"Why? You know she is extremely sensitive about that stuff!" I said frustrated.

His mom and my mom were both in a gang.  

Yup you heard right. Both our parents were in a gang.

Im not sure what the name was because my mom was very closed about that time in her life and we rarely spoke about it.  

Well actually both my parents were in and a gang and well so was both of Alex's parents.

It was my father who brought my mom into her gang style ways.

As for Alex's parents it was the same. His father brought that all on his mom as well.

Dont get me wrong both our moms loved our fathers but they still dragged our moms into that. I was quite okay with it.

I mean who else can say that their parents were in a gang?

.... well actually quite a lot of people but thats not the point.

"Yeah i know i screwed up. She was infuriated and told me to get out and well i had no other place to go im sorry" he apologized.

"Its fine just dont do it again" i said sternly

"Yeah i know. When i said that she blamed herself and my friends for me wanting to do that"

Right you see Alex's mom was different from my mom.

For one she had 5 kids while my mom had 1. Also she wasnt as closed about her life style as my mom was. She still bought home friends that were more than open about gangs and violence so Alex and his siblings were all raised with gang involved things and talks about it as well.

His father had left his mom after she had Alex and his brother Bennie. Alex loved his father just as much as he did before he left.

Yes he was a little upset but he still looked up to his father. But as Alex got older he started mingling with the bad people (Aside from me ^~^) and his mom didnt take to kindly to that and gave him speeches about his well being and not growing up to be what she and his father was. It was quite harsh because i had been there siting next to him while she told him.

I also talked to him about it but what could i do?

He was 3 years older than me and very stubborn.

Yes he is 19 and sleeping in my bed but i promise its nothing more.

"You are so stupid. I dont know why you dont tell her you already dropped out dude. She deserves the truth and you are just making it worse by not telling her" i said

Yes he had dropped out 3 months ago and didnt want to tell his mom.

He after all got left back already but had a late birthday so he was just 1 grade above me.

"But i cant. I wont be able to handle the disappointed look she will give me when i tell her that i dropped out"

At this i got up and slapped the back of his head.

"Then you shouldnt have dropped out! Instead of finding a full time job and leaving all the hard work you have been doing you could be making her proud!" I exclaimed

He slapped a hand over my mouth to stop my yelling.

"Shhh your mom is down stairs!" He whispered fiercely

I peeled his hand off my mouth and slapped his arm.

"You had all honor roll for Christs sake!" I yelled at him

Yes you heard me well. He had amazing straight A's all his life and he left it all so he could make money and do what ever he pleased

He groaned and flung himself back on my bed

"I know i am stupid but i just dont want to go anymore i hate it there. Being trapped with people telling me what to do and what i should be."

I shook my head and got up to go to the bathroom and started brushing my teeth.

"All im saying is you should tell her because if not you will make it worse than it needs to be" i said spitting into the sink.

"Yeah i know i just dont know when will be good for her" he sighed

I rinsed my mouth and washed my face before looking back at him.

"Anytime is good as long as you tell her. I know she is going through a lot but you really need to tell her" i said while walking over to him.

His mom was going through a lot with his sister being under care 24/7. She was under care because there was a slight chance that she could have brain damage when she was born. No she hasnt shown any problems but still one cant be to sure. I mean the girl is already 4 i dont know why they are stressing so much but the doctors said this is about the time the brain damage could start showing.

"Go downstairs and eat breakfast because you are walking me to school today." I said walking over to my closet.

He groaned and got up while mumbling something under his breath.

When he left i quickly took a shower and got dressed for school. I had picked out dark blue skinny jeans, one of the many shirts i stole from Alex, a black sweater, and my black high top converse then quickly grabbed my book bag, the sweater and made my way to the kitchen.  

My mom was at the stove making breakfast while having a conversation with Alex but when she saw me come in she had an angry expression on.

Oh boy.

"What did you do to the window?!" She yelled

"I-i i dont know i kind of broke it" i  

replied

"What do you mean kind of?!"

Oh boogers i have to lie

"Well i was walking to the sink with my bowl of cereal yesterday and i triped and let go of the bowl and it flew and broke the window" i said

"Dont lie to me young lady" she said pointing at me.

"I-im not"

She turned around and left it a that while she set out a plate for Alex.

Mmm.. i dont eat in the mornings it makes me sick if i do.

"Thank you" Alex said and proceeded to eat.

My mom yawned and said she was tired so she went up stairs to sleep.

You're probably wondering what my mom was doing out so late and why she comes home in the mornings. Well my mom is a home aid person and she takes the night shifts because they provide more money since hardly anyone ever want those. So she takes them because of the the money in order to pay for the house and put food on the table. 

Once he was finished he washed the plates and we headed to what used to be both our school but now only mine.

A/N

Eh it was just a filler chapter sorry no Jeff mentioned but i thought maybe you should know more about her ^~^

*Sigh* I would really appreciate more reads but im not complaining at least i have some :)

By the way when i said 'were' i mean past tense their parents are no longer in a gang