"Take a picture. It'll last longer."

I couldnt help but stare. I couldnt. Alex is hot everyone that looks at him knows it. But E.J.? No one knows until he takes off his mask which is almost never.
Im assuming that L knows.
He had on sunglasses and his hoodie over his hair which stuck up in random places his smile was stunning and even with sharp teeth he looked like an ordinary person. It scared me how much I forget he was a regular guy. He went to school and had friends. He had a life, he didnt think about killing people.
Well okay eveyone thinks about that. I blinked and glanced at E.J. again before he turned to me and smirked.
"Take a picture. It'll last longer." L turned as he said that and narrowed her eyes at me. She mouthed the word "mine" and looked forward again.
Alex scowled and pulled me onto the other side of him so that I couldnt see E.J. I blushed and stared at my feet.
"Sorry" I mumbled. E.J. started laughing and slid his hood down so his messy dark brown hair was exposed to the sun.
"I cant help that I'm hot." He smiled at me and I'm sure he would be winking at me.
Alex's grip on my hand tightened and I kissed his shoulder. "Relax I love you." He loosened up a bit and sighed.
"You should chill out some. Everyone knows she isnt on the market." L commented and gave him a pointed. Now it was my turn to narrow my eyes at her. Some things were shared when they were trapped together. I already knew that but it seemed as if they were closer somehow. They had inside jokes now. Alex had gotten pretty protective of L too.
I wasnt jealous. I dont get jealous. Nope. Never ever ev-
"Ow shit Julie let go" Alex tried to wiggle his fingers free and I let go and looked away from them "That actually hurt."
I apologized and moved away a little but ended up bumping into someone. I flinched and they ended up dropping their book.
"Oh I'm sorry, I wasnt look-" He finally looked up and cut himself short after seeing me for the first time. He blushed hard and bent to pick up his book and laughed a little. "Wow. I should really look out for pretty girls like you."
"Yeah you fucking should. Piss off asshole." Alex shoved him away from me and he grabbed my wrist roughly. I flinched and tried pulling my wrist from his grasp but with no luck.
"Alex, Alex let go. That was so rude. He didnt do it on purpose. A-Alex let go." He continued walking and ignored me. Finally E.J. seemed to have enough of Alex's temper when he stopped him and ripped my hand from his.
"I think you need to cool down."
"I think you need to shut the fuck up." Alex snapped.
"Alex what is wrong with you?" He turned to look at me and then glanced down to see me holding my wrist in my hand. His anger seemed to dissolve and he looked worried.
"Fuck I'm sorry I dont know what happened," He apologized, he shook his head and turned to walk away "I'll meet you guys back here in an hour. I need to clear my head."
Before I could protest he continued to walk away from us and bent around a corner. I frowned and looked down at my shoes blinking back my tears. Its not that serious it wasnt even an argument. We're fine.
"Wow hes such a prick." I jumped at the voice and turned to find Jeff standing behind me. He had his hood up and was wearing a scarf over his mouth.
"I-I... no hes not." I protested. I crossed my arms and glared up at him and that for some reason made him laugh. I turned and walked in the opposite direction that Alex went and wasnt surprised that L and E.J. lingered back and went into one of the shops.
Jeff walked beside me quietly and I almsot seemed to forget he was there. Almost. The heat from his body was radiating closer to me. His hand would brush against mine sometimes. I sighed and tried to move away from him but he would move closer. Hes acting like my shadow.
I walked into a random store mostly to get away from the sun because lets face it, being cold is better than being hot. I made my way to supplies section and stared in awe at all of things that I wanted to buy. Yeah I may not need supplie but who doesnt want multiple colored gel pens? Am I right?
"Why are you staring at all the pens?" Jeff asked picking up a random set and breaking the pack open before taking the pens and shoving them in his pocket. I opened my mouth to protest but I saw a worker making their way towards us. Great. Look at what he did.
"Hi are you Juliet Martinez?" The worker asked while eyeing Jeff. I was shocked that someone would even recognize me and I looked to Jeff for help. He shrugged and tossed the empty packaging aside and grabbed another pack.
"Yes?" I wasnt sure what would happen if I lied or what would happen if I told the truth so might as well just tell the truth. The guys face light up and I heard him mutter something about a prize before taking out a phone and making a call.
"Looks like its time to go." Jeff grabbed my arm and pulled me out the store with the guys protests and "Shes getting away" behind us.
As soon as we got out of the store we saw a police car turn the corner. Jeff cursed before dragging me the other direction. We heard the sirens blare and Jeff broke into a run with me having no choice but to follow. People turned their heads to glance at us and I was too shocked to even process what was happening.
Apparently there is a prize for me being returned. I'm assuming my mom had put that out and it reached to where ever we are. I feel like a horrible daughter. Comepletely abandoning my mom without so much as a goodbye.
Jeff had pulled me into an alley and we hid behind a couple dumpsters and waited as the cops drove by and finally I let out a breath. It wasnt long before Jeff got up and started walking to god knows where. I huffed stomping after him and pulling on his sleeve.
"Where are you going?" I asked. I mean we were just chased shouldnt we be hiding or something? Isnt that what people in movies do? They hide until the coast is clear? From where we are standing I could see the cop car and could even make out the licsense plate.
"If they recognized you then they'll recognize Alex and L. You guys havent been away long enough to be out again. E.J. should have know better then to bring you guys out." He crossed the street and turned his head to see if I was still following. Which I was. I swear I didnt have to jog to keep up.
"But we dont live around here," I made sure to look at everything to see if I had recognized anything from this place and nothing "How could they know about us."
Jeff was avoiding eye contact and sped up his pace a bit. I narrowed my eyes and grabbed onto his sleeve and making him stop. He looked down and up and side to side trying to avoid looking at me entirely.
"What arent you telling me Jeff." I hissed at him. He knew something. I know he did. What could be so important that he needed to keep it from us. Its not like we did anything bad. If anything it would seem like we all ran away from ho-
"Your familes were murdered. The three of you are the prime suspects for their murders"