"Sides, Whos gonna protect you when Jane tries to take one of YOUR kidneys?"

A broken rib, stitched up thigh, and a bruised face is what Jeff had.

I sighed and disposed of everything I used. He explained everything that happened through gritted teeth and pained words. BEN went to go tell Slenderman everything that occurred.

Terrified is a reasonable thing to feel right? What if he doesnt do anything and leaves them. He was pretty blunt when he yelled at us for being here. Even if he said sorry.

"Thank you" Jeff said from behind me. I jumped at the sound of his voice and let out a squeak. I forgot he was there.

"Y-you're welcome." I shrugged and washed my hands in the abnormally large sink. "Its the least I could do."

"What do you mean?" He asked standing up. He cringed and sat back down on the chair.

"You didnt have to go look for him, but you did. So thank you for that." I bit my lip and sniffled while looking at the floor. "Although I guess this is my fault then."

"Hey. No its not." His voice was laced with concern and it made me look up. "It was my fault. I was yelling."

I let out a laugh and dried my hands on my jeans. "Why am I not surprised?"

He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. I walked over to him and poked him. "You need rest."

He frowned-well tried- and caught my finger in his hand. I sucked in a breath and looked at my trapped finger tried to tug it from his grasp. His fingers tightened and I looked up at him. My heart was racing. Why was it racing? There is really no need for it to be racing.

"Sleep is for the weak."

"Not when you are broken. Go to sleep." I wiggled my finger free.

"Thats my line sweetheart." He grinned and reached out to grab me again. I stepped out of his reach and slowly backed out of the room.

"Im going to go-mhm yep that." I pointed to the exit of the kitchen and walked out.

As I stepped out I bumped into someone and I let out a squeal.

"Im sorry!" I said quickly turning to see who it is. I heard Jeff chuckle and EJ simply shrugged.

"Its okay. You werent looking." He patted my head affectionately and his mask lifted a little. Im assuming he was smiling. Or maybe making a face. I couldnt tell. I tried to side step him and he shot out his arm stopping me.

"Umm... Can I go to my room?" I asked trying to duck underneath his arm. It almost worked. I mean im short enough. He rubbed the

back of his head and shrugged. His demeanor was strange. He seemed almost... nervous.

"You should stay with us and watch some Tv." He shrugged again and let his arm drop. I squinted at him and huffed. He wouldnt suggest this unless forced to.

"Did BEN put you up to this? Or was it Slenderman?" I frowned and stomped my foot. "I dont need a babysitter. Im fine."

BEN came downstairs his face serious. In the time i've come to know him he has only had a smile or an slightly frustrated face.

"Guys. Slenderman has come to a decision... He wants us to go find them." BEN said solemnly.

I glanced up at him. "Really?"

"Yes" He took his hat off shook out his hair and placed it back on gently. Finally. I was finally going to do something useful. I was going to go look for them instead of being walled up in this prison.

"When do we leave?" I asked. This was good. This was very good and I want to be ready for when we leave. I want to leave as soon as possible actually.