Chapter 1

"Good morning, I'm Chloe and these are (Y/N) and Matt. We're new here and here to pick up our schedules." Chloe told the lady at the desk while pointing at us.

"Last name?"

"(Y/L/N)."

The lady looked at us, no emotion whatsoever. "Just wait here, Principal Jones will be with you soon." The lady spoke up in monotone and a voice that sounded like an airhorn. "Okay, what is it he wants to discuss?" Chloe asked. The woman sighed and adjusted her glasses. She kinda reminded me of Roz from Monsters Inc.

"He will just welcome you to the school, you'll be out before you know it." She answered, her attention going back to her computer screen. We sat down and after a few minutes we heard a buzz. "You can go in now." The Roz said not looking at us.

"You see kids, that's why your adduction is so important. And that''s what we stand for here at this school. We offer you-" "I'm happy we were here half an hour early, he has been ranting for 20 minutes now." Matt whispered through Principle Jones' speech making me chuckle.

Principle Jones stopped talking when he heard the telephone on his desk beep, and Roz's voice filled the room. "Principle Jones, I have Miss Hansen here...Again." Principle Jones sighed and pressed a button on the telephone. "What is it now?" There was silence on the other side of the line for a moment when an unfamiliar voice was heard. "I filled Mister Adam's drama class with frogs! Doesn't get more dramatic than overdramatic kids being more dramatic than usual, now doesn't i-" "YOUSHSJSGIVETHATBACKYOUNGLADY!" Roz's voice interrupted the girl on the other line. It sounded like they were wrestling over the phone, making Chloe, Matt and I try to suppress our laughter.

"Just send her in Martha." Principle Jones told Roz calmly, while massaging the bridge of his nose with two fingers. "Right, well I'm sorry you had to witness that. Here are your schedules. Have a nice day." He told us handing us the pieces of paper. As we walked towards the door it opened, Roz walked in with a tall blond tanned girl. "Oh hey, new kids!" She said, I recognized her voice cause it was the girl from before. As she walked passed me she smirked. She whispered in my ear with a low voice as she walked by as the bell rang.

"Welcome to Amarus High."

TRRRRRRRRR

"You guys are so lucky to be in the same year. I'm on my own." I told Matt and Chloe. I leaned against the lockers dramatically while Matt closed his locker by slamming it shut hard as we started walking. "You'll be fine, (Y/N/N). You'll make friends in no time." Chloe assured me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Besides, you only have two years to go. If you don't make friends, you'll still be out of here before you know it." Matt said chuckling. When we separated at the end of the hallway, I realized I was on my own. I came to a halt in front of my first class; Biology. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"And so this year, we were going to perform surgery on frogs. But thanks to Miss Hansen's 'funny joke', this can't happen." A man in his late fifties with a heavy German accent spoke, pointing to the tanned blond girl from before. The students all cheered at them not having to cut open a frog any time soon. "Thank you thank you and you are all welcome. I am also available for kids parties, weddings and Bar Mitswa's." The blond said making everyone laugh. "Simmer down, children, simmer down." He spoke again, slightly raising his voice and clapping in his hands earning the class' attention. "I will have to come up with an assignment that will replace this. Until then, I'm sure you have a lot to catch up to with one another because of the summer break. So this class you are aloud to do so, so you won't do it in other teacher's classes who actually care about you guys talking." He spoke again, making people chuckle. He seemed like someone people could make jokes with but also was respected. "So go ahead children, talk." He said again. Soon everybody turned towards one another to talk about their summer, the teacher turning around to the board to write some stuff down.

I awkwardly walked closer to him and cleared my throat, making him look over his reading glasses towards my direction. "Hello, how may I help you?" He asked me, placing the chalk he was writing with down. "I'm (Y/N), I'm new here.." I told him still uncomfortable about not knowing anybody here. "Ah, welcome Miss (Y/L/N). I'm Mister Müller, I will be your biology teacher this year." He told me. As he walked closer to me, I could see him putting his right weight on a handmade wooden crutch because he was limping a bit. He held out his hand for my to shake, which I did. "Why don't you take a seat at the front?" He suggested. "Aren't you going to let me introduce myself in front of the class?" I asked him confused. "I think that's not necessary. Besides, if I let kids talk in front of an entire class on their first day.. They will feel more nervous than they already do. " Müller told me, making me nod and sit down. I sighed and grabbed my phone to listen to music with my headphones. This was going to be a long day.