A Human in the I Taskforce?! I don't think so - 4

We stared at each other for a very long time. I don't know why he didn't look away, but I knew why I didn't. Everyone else was standing a little ways off, looking nervous. Jay came through the door behind me, freezing at the atmosphere.

"Why is there a human in the house?" he asked, walking around me.

"Victoria..." Nick walked up to me slowly.

All I could see was the human, the vile thing standing in my house where I lived. He did not belong here. He was purely human, I smelt it. Why was he staring at me like that?! Damn it what is his problem?!

"Victoria," Nick was by my side now. "Your eyes are black."

I blinked furiously, looking down. DAMN IT!

"What is he doing here?" I glared up at Matt. I didn't like this. Not one bit.

"We should all go into the living room," he sighed. "I'll explain."

Everyone got into the living room, but there was an uneasy tension in the air. The human made no attempt to talk to anyone, he trailed behind Matt like he was the only one keeping him alive. He was probably right. I wasn't the only one who hated humans, though I was the one that hated them most.

Chris and Ray were on edge too, they knew what human's had done to their races, were still doing. Nina didn't mind them at all, neither did Nick or Jay, I wasn't sure about Justin. I also knew that Matt wasn't going to let us know how he feels about humans any time soon.

Everyone settled into armchairs, spaced around the room. The human leant against a wall beside the door. Chris growled softly when he brushed his arm going through the door. When he tried to catch my eye, I flat out death glared him. Stupid human.

"Okay everyone," Matt sighed, standing in front of the TV. "I've known about this for two days now, but I honestly didn't know how to break it to you."

"Get to the point," Chris growled. "What is it doing to here?"

"He is called Clay, and he is joining the I taskforce."

We all stared at him in frozen shock, even Justin. I didn't think Justin could look shocked.

"No."

"Victoria..."

"I said no." I looked him straight in the eye. "Not while I'm here."

"He's staying."

"Then I'm leaving."

I stood up and walked very calmly to the door. Before I could pass, the human stuck his arm out, blocking my way. I stiffened as I walked into it and my waist touched his arm. Still, I refused to move.

"Please don't leave on my account," he smirked at me, his voice aristocratic and sarcastic.

"I wasn't planning on killing you," I looked up at him very calmly, meeting his sky blue eyes with mine. I felt their color fall away as they turned black. He just stared at me, making no effort to move. I bared my teeth. "Don't make me regret that choice. Get off."

"No."

I just stared at him. Was he suicidal? Did he want to die? Maybe he did. I should do that for him then.

I threw an arm out, crashing into his jaw and sending him flying across the wall and into another one. Unfortunately the bastard hooked my waist and took me with him.

"There will be no fighting!" when I looked up, Matt was standing over us. I'd hit my head on the wall hard, making stars dance in front of my eyes. I vaguely realized that the human's arm was still around my waist.