Chapter 21 (Edited)

She stood patiently at the doorway, waiting for our return. Her eyes were wide and filled with worry, that I could tell even from the car.

When the car stopped, a soft sob broke through while she clutched her mouth, trying to make sure that no sound escaped. She rushed forward, while the doors of the back opened and out jumped my two little sisters.

"MOMMY!" they screamed, running towards the shaken female. They hugged her, while our mother kneeled down and pulled them closer to her.

I watched them before looking at my father who looked like he wanted to disappear and never come back. "You aren't disappearing, again," I said. I smirked when he jumped and looked at me with wide eyes. "Go out there. She needs to see you." I nodded my head towards my mother.

Dad grimaced and moved a hand through his hair. "What if...?" His voice trailed off while he looked at her, longing filling his eyes.

I snorted, amused. "For an Alpha, you are sure a chicken," I teased, causing him to punch my shoulder, teasingly. "She loves you, Dad. You know that she could have taken another spy as her husband, but she didn't. She was waiting for you, hoping that you were alive and not dead even with the closed casket."

Dad sighed and moved a hand through his hair. Longing filled his eyes when Mom stood and looked to the car. "And if she hates me?" he asked, sounding scared.

I chewed on my lip, knowing that she wouldn't. I mean, I wasn't even hating him for leaving us. Sure, I was mad, but I didn't hate him. "She'll be mad at you," I replied, finally. "She will not hate you."

Dad nodded his head. "I should've gotten chocolate." He reached to turn the car back on, but I quickly grabbed the keys from the keyhole and sat on them. He glared at me before opening the door. He muttered something about how I was an "inconsiderate daughter" leading me to just laugh and shake my head.

I followed him out of the car, not wanting to miss this family reunion. I watched as my mother mouth his name before running to him, screaming his name.

A small laugh escaped my mouth when I saw my twin and Kent run outside with baseball bats. I had no idea what they were going to do with those and hoped that they were not one of the real ones but the ones that I had modified. At least then, they will be able to do damage.

Anyways, a shocked look was on my brother's face when he saw our mother hugging our father. Shock turned to confusion and then turned to anger before he turned to look at me, seeing as I was still by the car and not where they were at. Question danced through his eyes as if he wondered if I had known that our father was alive.

'Later,' I mouthed, causing him to frown and nod his head. I watched as he walked over to him and bit my lip while he punched our father in the face before pulling him into a hug.

Mom and the twins walked over and hugged him as well, leaving me to watch the perfect picture scene.

"So, why are you standing off to the side?" a voice said to my right. Warm arms pulled me close to the person, and I couldn't help but lean into the male that had captured my heart. "This is your family too."

"I all ready caught up with my father and the twins," I replied, shrugging my shoulder. I bit my lip and thought of something that I really wanted to do at that moment. "There is something else that I wanted to do... before I go and enjoy time with my family."

The male turned me around until I saw that it was Mark, even though I had already known that it was. There was a smirk on his face, and his eyes danced with amusement. "And, what is that?" he asked, raising a brow. He cocked his head, his hair falling into his eyes.

I didn't answer him but looked at his lips and then into his eyes, ignoring this want to move the hair out of it. A sly smile appeared on my face while I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Well, why don't you get it out of me with something?" I replied, giving him a smirk.

Ken chuckled and leaned down, his breath fanning over my lips. "And what I will get in return?" he asked, his voice husky. He placed his arms around my waist while he pulled me closer, even if it wasn't possible.

I bit back a groan, wanting so badly to be kissed by him and hating the fact that he was stalling. "No stalling," I grumbled, earning a chuckle from the male that was teasing me.

"Get a room!" a voice yelled, causing us to jump back and look to see my father rubbing the back of his head from where my mother slapped had him. "Gee, woman," he grumbled. "That is abuse."

"Don't get her pregnant until she is out of college," my mother said, glaring at my father while my brother just covered the twin's eyes.

I looked at Ken and raised an eyebrow. "I think a kiss is in order," I said, smirking.

Ken chuckled and pulled me closer to him, again. "Your wish is my command," he said before kissing me.

I kissed him back with just enough force, ignoring the barks of laughter at my mother's grumbling.

The only thing that I cared about at that moment, was the guy that had stolen my heart and whose lips tasted like cherries. And, all I could think was how deeply and madly in love with him I was.