Chapter 16 (Edited)

My face turned red while I stared at the message, anger, and adrenaline coursing through my veins. "What the FUCK have you done?!" I roared, not caring that I was in school.

Poppy's face paled, and she took a step back. "Wha-?" she squeaked out.

I gritted my teeth together and grabbed her arm. I didn't mean to dig my nails into her arm, but I was furious and worried about my family. I pulled her towards Mr. Barker's class.

When I got there, I saw a couple of people already in there, getting ready for their class of the day. "Get out!" I all but growled, causing the students to jump out of their seats and rush to the door.

Mr. Baker jumped and looked at both of us. "Car-"

I didn't let him say anything when I pushed Poppy into the room and slammed the door shut. "Call the Agency. I've been found."

"Well, you should have been found, you kil-"

"I DID NOT KILL HIM!" I roared, interrupting him. "HE AND I ARE FUCKING SPIES, AND HE'S BEEN TRAINING ME HOW TO FIGHT BECAUSE OF A FUCKING GROUP THAT HAD BEEN ON MY ASS SINCE MY DAD DIED." I took a deep breath and rubbed the bridge of my nose. "My family is in danger because of your stupid grudge match with me."

"Should've let the-"

I pointed a finger at Mr. Baker. "Shut up," I growled out. "She is just a teenager, and I wasn't going to let the group "quieten" her. We both know what that means."

"How dare you," Poppy spluttered. "He is your teacher, you should treat him wit-"

"He is a spy as well, Popsicle," I interrupted. "And I'm a higher rank than he is. Now, shut the hell up."

"Add-"

"Don't start," I warned. "Call the Agency and tell them what happened. Get my family out of there and- Damn it!" I banged my fist on the table, breaking the phone. "Get the twins out of school. They will try to get to them to get to me." I ignored the cry from Poppy, worried about my sisters.

"What about her?" he asked, scrambling to do what I had told him to do.

"Tell them the truth, let them worry about her," I replied. I pulled out my phone and clicked a number. I let it ring for a couple of seconds before ending the call. "I'm going to have to go find them. Something in me tells me that the twins have been taken." I glared at her. "And if something does happen, then it is your fault."

"Thank you, Sir. Yes, Sir. I'll tell her," Mr. Baker said, pulling my attention from her to look at him. He sighed and rubbed his brow. "Your sisters aren't at school. They want you to wai-"

"I am not waiting," I growled out. "They will be killed, and I will not let that happen." My jaw ticked. "It's time." With that, I walked out of the room, ready to fight and protect my family.

***

"Carly!" a voice called, causing me to groan and turn towards them. Kent ran up to me, his face holding worry. "You all right? I saw the video, and I was trying to find you. Where were you?"

"With Mr. Baker, talking about Poppy's punishment," I muttered, rubbing my forehead. "The twins have been caught. Seems to me that we have a Bird in the group. I need you to go take the rest of my family away from here and to the safe house." I started to walk to the parking lot where a car would be waiting for me.

"What about you?" Kent asked. "I don't want you to get hurt." Worry filled his voice, causing me to pause and look at him. His face was a slight tint of pink, and if I wasn't about to go face my death, I would've teased him about it.

"I will be getting back the twins. The Agency will try to stop me, but I am done hiding." I got onto the ground and reached under the car, knowing that there was a spare key underneath it. I quickly grabbed a small box and stood. I took the key out of it and unlocked the door.

Kent nodded his head and got into the car after I had unlocked the door. "So, what's the plan, Hoss?" he asked, smirking when I rolled my eyes.

I started the car and backed out of the parking lot. My anger had died down, but my adrenaline still spiked. "Don't die," I replied. "And get the twins."