Chapter 47 Small Talk

I can still hear Chase's crew faint conversation in the living room as I made my way up to the second floor. Pete had left a ten minutes ago after a bottle of beer. My footsteps echoed on the wooden steps until it got muted once I stepped on the carpeted threshold. My head held low felt today's event dawn on me and tiredness seeped into my body's core.

My slow strides brought me to the door of my bedroom again tonight. I looked at my watch, saw it strike twelve and was about to grab the knob to open the door when a silhoutte caught my peripheral vision.

"Where were you?" My breath almost hitched upon hearing Myah's soft voice that has started to melt my animosity towards her these passing days.

"In the gym with my friend Pete" I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly afraid to let her see a glimpse of emotions from me. "And why would you care?" There I go again with sarcasm.

Myah looked so small in my brother's jersey and hair bunned messily. She leaned on the door's frame weakly while crossing both arms. " I don't, GFord. I thought you were out coz I didn't see you after Chase drags me outside." How she replied had my heart constricted. Emotionless. Cold. A dagger right through my beating heart.

I bit my lower lip. My frustration starting to show little by little as time elapsed in this crazy talk. "I want to steer clear of you. But what the heck, you're trying to do small talk with me."

"Am I that hideous for you to avoid me? When supposed to be, I should be the one doing such act." Her voice was controlled. I was waiting for her to get mad rather than giving me the calm attitude. This stance was annoying me to the fullest.

"You're not hideous, Myah. You're quite a sight to behold." I smirked but she never batted an eyelash or blushed which she normally did. "Never hideous. Just the stuff that has been happening to you are getting hideous and nasty."

Myah nodded slowly with head bowed low. "Actually, I just wanted to ask if you're still mad at me for what I did earlier. Ungrateful bitch here."

Her comment made me laughed while she gave me a genuine smile for the first time. I mimicked her stance, leaned on the wall and arms crossed by the chest. "You really are something else, Myah. Are you?"

"People says I am." Her response gained another rumble of waves of laughter from my chest.

"And I think they are right." I managed amidst laughter. "Frankly, I'm not at mad at all. Maybe it's the adrenaline making me grouchy."

"Maybe," Myah mumbled.

I just nodded as the awkward moment took over between us. I moved towards the door one more time, trying not to look into her eyes and be sucked into it.

"I'm sorry," Myah uttered at the same time the knob clicked open. I pushed the door wider.

"It's all right." I tried to smile. It faded automatically. My brother's figure emerged from the dark and stood at Myah's back. She might have felt his presence and looked up to her right side. The smile she gave Chase was far more different from mine. There was deep longing. The look they've shared had me instantly envious.

"Hey, why are you still up?" Chase broke the silence and both hands on Myah's shoulders.

"I told you earlier I want to apologize to GFord." She moved back unconciously nearer to my brother. "I've said my part. It seems like your brother is a reasonable person then."

"You think so?" Chase said with one brow arched.

"Yes, he is." Myah gave him a quick elbow at the side. He grimaced for a bit before laughing a little.

"We'll have this argument for some other time. For now, you need to rest, Myah. Your eyes are all droopy." Chase maneuvered her body to the direction of the guest room.

"It's not." I heard Myah countered.

"Yes, it is," I said out loud. We heard her grunted and Chase chuckled while shook my head in disbelief.

Chase sighed after hearing the door closed. He turned to face me this time. Looks like I'm not the only one tired today. He has this worried look painted all over his face.

"I guess both of you are okay." He asked leaning on the wall with a little uncertainty.

"We'll see." My turn to chuckle.

"What do you mean?" Chase straightened back to full length.

" We'll see tomorrow once she regains her strength. We'll be back to cat and dog fight in no time. She will fight us with all claws."

My brother snickered. "You're right." He hesitated for a moment. " Thanks for giving her a chance to apologize."

"As what she said I'm a reasonable person." I can't help but almost laughed.

"I know you're not, GFord. Never will be." He was smirking all the way.

"She's entitled to her opinion." I shrugged.

"Opinion? or impression?" His turn to shrug teasingly.

"Go to sleep!" I burst.

"Bitch!" He snickered while walking away towards his room next to Myah's.

"Jerk!" I reciprocated with bitterness. I smiled anyway. Memories flashed through my mind at our silly attempt to imitate the Winchesters- Dean and Sam.

A very silly attempt.