Chapter 21 Blame The Alcohol

The Marino twins together with Luke and Zareena went down to the dancefloor each holding a bottle of beer. I stood up and leaned on the glass railing of the second floor to watch them enjoy the crowd. Martin Garrix electronic mix blasted from the surrounding speakers. It was a crazy scene down there of bodies sexily grinding. Lots of flirting going around plus drinks being down.

Jessie, Phil, Randell, and Seth were playing beer pong loudly while the rest were taking turns on the pool table. Chase was leaning on the wall raking a sip of his beer while laughing at Jessie losing on the pong. I kept on glancing for some time, afraid of Chase catching me off guard.

I checked my phone. As if someone will be texting me around this time of the night. The moment I turned around I bumped into Chase who gripped my arms preventing me from falling on the floor.

"Easy there," Chase said. His breath fanned my face. "How many bottles have you consumed already?"

"I lost count already." I blushed in embarrassment and he chuckled.

"Do you want to go there?" He pointed to the dancefloor where Zareena and the others were having fun. I shook my head so soon. Chase smiled mischievously as he started walking away but I reached for his arm to stop his tracks.

"Where are you going?" My voice a little pitchy and annoyed. It sounds like the alcohol is getting through me.

"To have fun." He smirked. "I guessed you want to stay here. I asked you but you declined. I'll just look for someone who's interested to be my partner."

"You can do whatever you want to do. You can even rot in hell if you like." Automatically I covered my mouth realizing what I just blurted out. And that made Chase laughed. He advances back to me and I kept backpedaling. He was quick to reach me by pulling me close to him.

Oh my God! His smell invading my nostrils. All my senses heightened with his nearness. His touch on my waist so warm. It must have been the alcohol. Again. Blaming the alcohol. I snickered unconsciously.

"What's so funny, Myah?" Chase never minded the presence of our other friends nearby.

"You're the one whose funny." I countered with renewed confidence.

" Oh really." He gritted his teeth. He seems to be enjoying the exchange. "You said I can rot in hell."

"Yeah, I did." Both of my hands trying to pull Chase's grip off my waist.

"Would you care if I drag you with me?" His left brow inarched.

I laughed haughtily. "You wouldn't dare!"

"I can, Myah. I definitely can." He leaned nearer to my face. "By hook or by crook." That gained another set of laughter from me. Instead of pulling him off me, he managed to intertwine our fingers together.

"Why are we talking about hell anyway?" I asked out loud.

"You started it." His hands warm on mine.

"Whatever, Chase. I'm talking nonsense already." I stammered as I watched him hang on every word I say.

He let go of my right hand and pulled me by the left. "Where are we going?"

"I just want to dance with you." He chuckled.

I opened my mouth. My thought processing was like a buffering movie over YouTube on slow internet connection. " I don't dance."

He had this hurt expression on his face. He let go of me and walked away. My eyes trailed his wake. He went to the dance floor. He mingled with some people and was handed another beer. A familiar figure came to his side. Chelsea Atkins beamed smiling her heart out while pulling him to the dance floor.

I could not understand what I felt that moment. I feel the wide ceiling of the club opened up and dropped the entire Pacific Ocean on me. It was a weird emotion. I was drowning. It was difficult to breathe. I fought hard to rein on my rage. My jealousy.

My feet had the courage to carry me to the dancefloor, to the direction of Chase and Chelsea. I took a deep breath though I don't know what to do. I managed my way on the dancefloor until I stopped in front of my target. Chase has his arms uninterested by the side while Chelsea wrapping herself around him.

"What are you looking at?" Chelsea has her arms clinging by Chase's neck. Chase's eyes zoomed into mine and were grinning at his content.

"And what are you doing with him?" I retorted.

"Dancing," Chelsea replied with a full glare.

"You call that dancing? Really?" I had my arms under my chest.

" Go find another guy to attach yourself. This guy is taken. Can't you see we're dancing here?" Chelsea has her attention on the bastard who was smirking like crazy.

"You were trying. He was succeeding." I managed to say sarcastically. The comment made Chase chuckling while the other girl was fuming badly.

"Do me a favor, Chelsea! Take your hands off Chase before I pin you to the wall and start rearranging your face." My so-called temper is rising. I don't know why. Chelsea just stared at me with mouth agape.

" You heard Myah. Now move along, Chelsea." Chase reinforcing another command as the classic bitch flipped her brunette hair obviously annoyed and hurt at the unreciprocated interest.

His eyes drifted back to me after Chelsea disappeared into the throng people. He just pulled me into a hug and whispered "I just couldn't believe you did that to Chelsea. Makes me like you more."

I looked up at him with crimson cheeks. "Whatever, Chase! I don't know what I'm saying. I'm wasted."

"Don't deny, Myah. I know you do." I just nestled my face on his chest and fisted on his shirt. "I'll make sure to remember not to mess with you when you're angry and possessive."

"Yes, I'm angry but I'm not possessive." I raised my pointer finger to emphasize but my arms wobbled. "And why would I be possessive of you?"

"You answer that question of yours." He was smirking again.

We were oblivious to the crowd as if we were the only two in the world. The noise was contained and time stopped. And to think we were in the middle of the dancefloor. My hands reached the back of his neck and his hands at my back tracing circles, creating more tingling sensations. "I'm not possessive of you. That's an ugly description. Maybe I was helping you get rid of such leech."

"Your choice of words is no better. Let get out of here before I'm tempted to do something I might regret in the morning." Chase got hold of my right hand as we both made our way out of the club.