Chapter 23 Just Like This

When I reached the kitchen, I found the rest of the team circling the table counter all faces undecipherable. Absolutely experiencing the onslaught of a hangover. Jessie and Chase preparing to feed an entire hungry battalion with pancakes.

"Myah, come over here," Randell called out while tapping the elevated seat he vacated.

Chase turned upon hearing my name mentioned. His gray eyes trying to read mine. I just shook my head to Randell while watching the approaching Chase towards where I was standing. " Are you okay? I don't like that look on your face."He managed to push me out of the door back into the way I was coming from.

"GFord is creeping me out." I stuttered. "He's somewhat accusing me of something." I heard Chase took a deep breath upon hearing his older brother's name.

"I'm sorry. I've talked to him earlier. He's not saying anything for the meantime but I'll pester him as much as possible." He pinched his nose bridge in frustration and raked his disarray hair with his fingers.

I just stared at him, fixated on his eyes and the emotion running on it. My heart started to skip a beat again. Traitor heart. "Hopefully, he'll tell you the sooner the better of the matter."

"Let's keep our fingers crossed or else we'll have to figure it out ourselves,"Chase muttered under his breath.

"Where are the others?" I inquired out of nowhere.

"Luke brought Zareena home. The twins stayed in the club to wait for Xannon. The rest followed us here to my house after I told them we're going home."I leaned on the wall of the hallway, trying to support myself from the unknown emotions running amok in my heart.

"You should have brought me home instead," I said in a squeaky voice.

Chase's head perked to my direction and took a step closer,trapping me between him and the wall. He had his right arm supported on the wall and gazing down at me. "Hmmm..Let me refresh your memory, Myah. After we got out of the club, I told you I'll be taking you home but you said to take you somewhere else."

"I don't remember such conversation. You're making it up, Chase!"My mouth agape as my cheeks were getting red.

He pressed his body so close to mine as my hand came up to his chest ready to push him away. "You were saying lots of nonsense. We were this cozy in the car. You were saying it out loud how would it feel to be kissed by a Chase Landon."

"No, I didn't say anything like that at all." My will to push him away melted seeing him smile and blushing too."You're making it up. I know it!"

Chase laughed a good one. It vibrated in his chest where I fisted on the Old Navy shirt he was wearing. "I even asked if I can kiss you. You nodded. When I was about to kiss you, I was so excited already but the next thing I knew you were so sound asleep."

I was like a fish out of the water opening and closing my mouth wondering what to say at Chase's amused face. "Oh my god. I wouldn't do that. Not with you of all people."

"You just did, Roswell." He rested his forehead on mine. His breath smelled of vanilla from the pancakes. "I would like to collect that kiss knowing you still owe me from the bet with GFord."

"This is awkward," I whispered to myself and garnered another throaty laugh from Chase. "Did I really do those things? I must have been wasted so much that I grew a backbone."

"You're so innocent, Myah. You have no idea what you're doing to me." He said in controlled tone while running a finger on my cheek and tucking a strayed lock of hair at the back of my ear.

"And what am I doing to you?"There goes my mouth again.

"A lot. First, I just want to be near you. Close to you. Just like this. Second, you take away my rage. Third, I can't stop thinking about you." The things he was saying was making him uncomfortable but he was manning up to it.

"Are you saying you like me?" My eyes squinted unsure of his response to my silly question.

"Yes, I do like you." The confession made me froze.

"GFord said it will take you eons before you will be admitting that you like me." My hands were sweating.

"That brother of mine is putting stuff in your head. Don't believe him right away." He sighed. "What I feel for you could be an exemption. As I've said you're something else." He wasn't his usual confidence. There was more of intention and sincerity. "I don't expect you to reciprocate what I feel, Myah."

"I don't know what to say," I told him with a childish expression. We just stared into each other's eyes before he slowly detached himself from the closeness. "This is crazy." He said before taking a step back away from me. " I still want that kiss, Myah."

"You're not gonna get it, Chase." I chuckled before touching my tummy. "Besides, I'm so hungry. You better feed me."

"You're such a baby," Chase muttered loudly following him back to the kitchen.