Chapter 24 To Be Friends

Approximately two weeks passed by, New Harold High Sentinels has won the last four games in the campaign for the InterHigh competition. Chase has been leading the team as expected and his performance was visible on the statistics every review. Coach Stibbs was released from the hospital yet was advised for bedrest by the doctor good for a month.

I don't know if something has changed with my relationship with Chase. We still bite each other's head off during practices. He still annoys me when he wants to. It a love-hate relationship. There's no love in there. Maybe an acknowledgment of each other's best qualities that would be him as a player and me as the coach. But there are really times that we craved for each other's presence.

Just like now, I've been waiting for Chase to pick me up and drive me home but he was nowhere to be found. I decided to wait for him by the shed outside of the school gate. I texted him on my phone.

Where are you?I'm at the shed.

My phone lit up after a minute indicating a message. I beamed upon seeing Chase's response.

Got held up in traffic. I'll be there in 15. His message read as I typed away.

Fine. I'll wait for you. I hit the send button.

Can't wait to see me? came his next reply.

I almost burst into laughter as I fired away a text response to him. You wish. Hurry up. 

I took my time checking on my FB account for an interesting post from friends but found none. From a distance, a loud roaring of a bike's engine can be heard. I didn't bother to look at the source of the annoying sound not until it came nearer and stopped in front of me. The driver was wearing all black leather clothes including the helmet was tinted black. I recognized the smirk plastered on the driver's feature upon removing the cover from his face.

"Hi, princess!" GFord's kick-ass looks made me want to cry for help. He spelled danger in every corner. He was handsome in an edgy manner.

"What are you doing here?" I was trying to be tough. Not to be affected by his presence.

" I was just passing by. I saw you." He was smiling. His resemblance to Chase was minimal. Their eyes are gray but of different specks. "Where's your ride? Where's Chase?"

"He'll be here any minute," I answered after biting my lower lip. "What do you want from me?"

GFord laughed a sexy one. "That's not a good question, princess. My answer is just going to roll off my tongue easy. I want you, Myah."

I glared at him as he lessened the gap between the two of us. "Don't come near me."

"As if you can stop me." GFord continued his advances while I took two steps back and looking around from left to right thinking about a contingency plan. There were minimal students since the last bus has left ten minutes ago.

I just hugged my books tightly to myself, head bowed and shivered intensely waiting for the next thing to happen that made GFord stopped on his track. "I'm not gonna hurt you, princess. What's with those dreadful reactions of yours?"

"Stay away from me."Firmly, I said to him.

"Don't you think you're being unfair, Myah? Are you not gonna give me a chance to get to know you?" He reached out with his right hand and touched my arm. I moved away from his warm touch.

"I don't have a good feeling about you." My strength was starting to diminish from constant fear.

That made him laughed out loud. "So I have to be on your good side." GFord stuffed his hand into the pocket of the leather jacket."I know we started on the wrong foot, Myah. My attitude is harassing you. I'm not that bad if you give me a chance."

"What are you saying?" My head tilted in his direction.

"I don't even know what I'm saying, princess." His face bowed down and he started raking his hair with both hands. "Can we be friends, Myah?"

I looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity in it for the first time. I was about to but when I saw Chase' Audi R8 screeching halt in front of GFord's Ducati. Chase's frown was visible as he slammed the door of his car.

"What are you doing here?" Chase asked upon facing his older brother.

"Calm down, little brother. I was just passing by and saw her. I was about to offer to take her home but Myah said you're on your way." GFord rose his hands in mock surrender with eyes rolling sarcastically.

"What's with all the Mr. Nice Guy front, Glenn?" Chase came near me to pull me into a hug.

"I was just trying to be nice to her." It was GFord's turn to frown not at me but to his brother."I was just asking for a chance from her. To be friends."

"Friends?" Chase's sarcasm tone audible together with a chuckle."Let's get out of here, Myah." He pulled me by the waist and turned our backs on GFord's aggravated look.