Chapter 31 Nothing. Everything.

I drove home from Myah's house after lunch after the entire team decided to disperse to their respective homes. The guys piled up on their cars and I was the last one to exit the Roswell's premise. 

"Drive safely," Myah uttered as she followed me at the back towards my Audi with hands at the back of her.

I smirked and nodded while making my way to the driver's door. "I will. See you tomorrow in school then." I stopped on my track and gave her a concerned look. "Will you be okay on your own?" 

Myah nodded. She smiled and the effort melted my heart into slime. "I can manage. This isn't the first time I'm home alone. Besides my parents will surely arrive before darkness."

I kept on tossing the car keys in my left hand trying to gain more bearing from controlling myself from the urge of kissing her senselessly. "All right. I'll go ahead." She gave me a small wave before I moved my car away from her house.

The house was buzzing with activities when I entered it. It only means that my own parents are home from their vacation somewhere in Europe. The maids that you seldom see were scurrying around, carrying boxes and packages. 

"Chase, finally you're home!" I can hear my mother's voice already before I can see her descend from the grand staircase. Georgina Tamineh Landon was a picture of confidence and certainty. She was wearing a white shirt paired with earth brown khaki pants. Flipflops for the footwear. Jet black long hair tied in a ponytail. Her face lit up in a motherly feature upon seeing me wait on the lowest step.

"Mama, how was your trip?" I got enveloped in a warm embrace.

"It was fun. I enjoyed it a lot. We visited a lot of beautiful spots and ate strange delicacies along the way." My mother slightly pushed me away with a grip on my shoulders and eyeing me from head to toe and back again. "This is not your shirt."

I shook my head at her quick observation. "This belongs to my friend's brother. The team had a sleepover after celebrating Myah's birthday."

"If my memory serves me right, Myah's your new coach." And she is very keen on details. She may not look like she's listening to you but you'll be amazed at how quick she picks up information. "So that necklace you have personally requested from our jeweler Niccolo was for this Myah girl."

My mouth was gaping at how her eyebrows danced. " But Mama.."

"You don't have to say anything, Chase. I met Niccolo at the airport this morning and he narrated how rudely you demanded that bracelet be crafted in two days." My mother gave a wave of her hand to brush off the topic.

I told that Italian bald gay not to breathe a word to my parents. Remind me to wring the neck of that loose tongue once I see him again. She rolled her eyes and her attention automatically zoomed in on the other figure entering her field of vision.

"And where have you been, Glenn?" It was my father's booming voice that cut off my mother's incoming tirade.

Terence Jasper Landon, the patriarch of the family came strolling in a Hawaiian flowery patterned polo shirt and black pants. He was barefooted and his hair trimmed crewcut. Old habits die hard they say.

"Out with my teammates, Pa." Glenn shrugged while taking off his black leather jacket.

Glenn had sneered at me and I just gave him a quick glance. He proceeded to hug Mama first before Papa. "You wrecked of cigarette, Glenn Ford." My mom twitched her nose. "How many times do I have to tell you that smoking is bad for your health?"

"You've told me a thousand times over even the cigarette packaging has such reminder." Glenn bit back but eyes not directed to our mother.

I heard Papa chuckled. "It's not funny, TJ." Mama raised her brows at the expense of my father.

Papa facepalmed in mock surrender and walked near his wife. "You know these boys are going to be hardheaded when they grow up. Let them learn their lessons the hard way. As for you, Glenn, you know what's good for you and what's not. Make good choices."

" Enough with this family drama lets head to the living room. This is too much stress I can take. I bought both of you some souvenirs you can choose from." Mama walked out with Papa holding hands.

GFord and I stood in the same spot. Obvious tension between us. Animosity against each other. It was not like this before when we were kids.

"Did you had a great time with Myah? I'm sure you did." He snared the accusations and sarcasm with menace. His eyes burning hatred.

"What are you talking about?" I countered but decided to walk away. He didn't let me by forcefully gripping my left shoulder. I decided to face him. "Stop being an ass, GFord!"

"Did you bang her hard?" GFord sighed dramatically before I gripped his shirt and pushed him to the banister. His looks were still hard and unflinching.

"Are you stoned or what?! Why do you talk about Myah in such terms? She has done nothing to you to deserve your harassment and attitude." My temper was already shimmering to its boiling point.

"You're right, Chase. She hasn't done anything to me except declined my offer of friendship. I just like riling you up, getting you worked up. I just want to piss you. That's all." Glenn flicked my forehead like he usually does when we were young and removed both my hands crumpling his shirt.

"I don't understand you, Glenn. I don't know you anymore." I managed to tell him before he could walk away.

"You won't, little brother. I have nothing. You have everything." GFord made his way to the direction of the living room.

I stood there. Stucked. Can't moved. Confused.Lots of thoughts running through my brain.

What are you trying to tell me, brother?