Chapter 39 The Visit

I drove the Audi to the direction of the hospital early morning with GFord on the passenger seat calmly listening to music on an attached headset from his phone. Both of us were quiet. Not an awkward quiet though. Our heads full of thoughts about the discussion we had last night upon him stumbling over my attempt sketches.

"Did you tell Myah about me visiting her?" My brother blurted out suddenly of obvious curiosity.

I called Myah earlier before we hit the road. Basically wanting to check her conditioning and some lame excuses just to talk to her but I never mention my older brother in our chitchat.

"And scare the wits out of her?" I laughed. "Come on, brother. Definitely, you knew for a fact that you don't much dwell on her good side." I maneuvered towards the jampacked hospital's parking ground.

GFord scrunched his nose before nodding absentmindedly. "I just want to know."

"Fine," I muttered. I glanced momentarily at my brother who took the headset from his ears. "Are you nervous?"

"No, I'm not." He fired back."Why would I be nervous?" GFord pushed the door on his side opened and got out.

"I don't know. You've been fidgeting and restless all throughout the drive. Is something bothering you?" I managed to get ahead of him towards the main door of the lobby.

"Are you trying to be funny, Chase?" My brother's brows furrowed a little bit of annoyance lingering in his voice.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself. He stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. "What's funny, little brother?"

"You're funny, GFord," I replied trying to wipe the reaction from my face. "You're getting worked up over nonsense."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He continued on his walk towards the long hallway of rooms.

"If you're worried about Myah's reaction with your visit, don't worry about it. She will be shocked for sure but she won't bite you at all." I said following his wake and my voice echoing in the corridors.

"Very funny, " GFord uttered in annoyance and I pointed to the third room on the left side of the hallway.

I can only laughed inwardly at my older brother's behavior. I can read him well in situations like this. He can be all brooding and grumpy but that's just him. That's his all natural stance. But he can transform to a different personality when provoked and angered. I've seen him go berserk and it was not a pretty sight at all. I can feel his uneasiness with my suggestion of coming over to visit Myah. He is uncomfortable with the idea but insisted on it.

The door to Myah's room was slightly ajar and noises from a TV can be heard out of it. I knocked thrice before pushing the door widely. Myah was awake already and eyes focused on the movie playing from the flat screen attached to the wall.

Her face lifted and a genuine smile was an early morning gift to my pounding heart. "Hey, Chase! Come in."

"Morning, sunshine." I greeted Myah. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm all good." Her voice all breathy and tickled my senses. I took a step towards the bed but was stopped by my brother's grip on my right shoulder.

"Don't you dare forget about me." came GFord's restrained and annoyed tone.

"What's he doing here?" Myah's eyes were full of surprise and the remote control fell off from her hand when she reached to cover her mouth.

"It's okay. He comes in peace." I tried to reason out with her and she nodded. "We want to talk to you about something."

"I'm not here to annoy you," GFord said. His previous restless figure was gone and replaced with the confident persona. "I'm happy to hear that you're feeling good."

"I'll hold you to what you said. Or else you're going to retrace your step out of this room." Myah replied with absolute calmness.

"I know." was my brother's brief comment.

"So what can I do for you, Landon brothers?" Myah's arms wrapped around her chest. I moved and sat beside her while GFord settled himself on the couch opposite the bed. He sat like he owns the world, leaning on his arm and feet supported by the arm of the couch.

I pulled Myah next to my side and the left arm flung on her shoulders. She casually leaned into me. Her warmth creating havoc in my entire body.

"It's about the night you were attacked. My brother and I would like to hear what happened to you." I told her. Her face looked up at me with pain yet she managed to smile erasing the uncertainties and questions. She nodded to me. Her hands clamped together and I reached for it. I felt her shiver and goosebumps on her skin not from my touch but what she was about to tell us.

"Tell us everything, Myah. Don't hide secrets from us." GFord's eyes directed to Myah as he sat up and turned all serious. "All the minute details you remembered and observed. And after that, we'll tell you what we think about this matter."

Myah took a deep breath before nodding one more time. "I don't like to like reminiscing such dreadful experience but I have to tell you. Aside from my parents, you're the only other two people I'm going to share this."

It made me smile knowing that Myah was confident in confiding to both of us. I learned in and bestowed a quick kiss on her temple that made GFord's brows arched in question.

Whatever, brother!