Chapter 22 Bastard and Idiot

There was a loud buzzing in my ears. My brain is twisted by drilling effort to uncover the secrets hidden in it. Eyes still closed, I felt my head with my hands and was literally sweating amidst the cool temperature of the room. Even the effort of opening my eyes was giving my head more pain. And figuratively, the ceiling was swaying. Correction, my vision.

I looked around from left to right and vice versa. The sudden realization that I'm not in my own room made me sat upright abruptly. It caused my insides to unsettle as well together with the dizziness. Where am I? This isn't my room. What happened last night after Chase and I left the club? Who brought me here?

Panic started to creep my spine. Lots of questions popped into my head but found no answers only vague stupid conclusions. The room was big and I looked so small in the middle of the queen-sized bed. The drapes were pulled aside as the rays of the golden doubloon penetrated the glass windows. There was a huge closet on the corner, a side table, and two doors, one of them is to the outside world. I climbed down the bed when I felt acid forcing itself out of my mouth. My guess was right when I ran to one of the doors and the confine of a luxurious bathroom welcomed me. I ran to the sink and the entire content of my stomach came out of my mouth. I turned on the water as I still leaned for another incoming surge. This is what I get for going on a drinking spree without food in my tank.

As my vomit got drained into the hole of the sink, I started to gurgle removing the acidity in my mouth and foul breath.

"I see you're up already." came a voice behind my back. I jumped in surprise that the water sprouted out of my mouth like a busted fire hydrant on the mirror located on top of the sink.

"You scared me! Damn you!" I exclaimed upon facing Chase who was leaning on the door of the bathroom."Good thing I didn't turn around right away or else the water from my mouth would have landed on you."

"Sorry. No intention of scaring you, Myah." Chase said seriously without blinking. He was pinching the bridge of his nose again, trying not to laugh at me. He was holding some clothes in one hand and was not wearing a shirt on top of his basketball shorts. "How's your head?"

"Painful, obviously." My curt reply fixing my hair in a messy bun.

"Here are some clothes you can change into before coming down for lunch. You can find anything you need in there." He handed it to me unceremoniously. He's back to being mysterious and the grumpy look is annoying the hell out of me.

"I slept that long? Thanks for these clothes." I told him and walked out of the bathroom, tossed the items on top of the bed.

"Ten minutes, Myah. Hurry up coz you need to eat before you drink some pain reliever for your hangover." Chase proceeded to the door.

"Walked up on the wrong side of the bed? Huh?"I commented before he could exit.

"Just like you, I got a hangover. I'm grumpy when I'm in this state." He closed the door with a muffled thud. Someone lit the fuse of his tampon, I thought to myself before hitting the shower smiling wickedly.

I took my sweet time changing into a light green A&F shirt paired with cargo shorts cut midthigh after the brief shower and found a pair of slippers on the lowest rack of the closet. When I went out of the door, a huge place surprised me. The house was big as a mansion. There were lots of doors and a grand staircase towards the ground floor.

"Lost your way, princess?" another voice who was becoming familiar to my ears for the last twenty-four hours.

Trying to control myself from being sarcastic or nasty at the other person, I turned around and managed to give GFord a small smile. "Mind telling me which way is to the kitchen?"

"Before I answer that, can I ask you a question?" GFord took a step forward. His messy hair hooded his eyes. His black shirt betrayed his toned muscles and his faded knee tattered pants gave him confidence at the same time dangerous air.

I only nodded not afraid of him that to stop myself from uttering nonsense things.

"What's your relationship with my brother?" GFord produced a box of cigarette from his pant's back pockets and removed one stick tapping the butt thrice on the box.

"What? What kind of insinuating question is that?" Mustering all the defiance I have not to fall under his trickery.

"Just answer my question," He demanded and grabbed my wrist. That's gonna bruise, you idiot! I managed to pull my arms from him in time. "What if I don't justify that with an answer? You can't force me."

"I can coax it out of you if I want to, Myah. I can be very persuasive. I'm just being gracious since you're in my house." His eyes were expressionless. "But I tell you, don't drag Chase in whatever mess you are in right now."

"What are you talking about? You seem to know something I do not know about. You're talking in riddles." I almost cried out from uncertainty. It made the hair of my nape raised involuntarily.

"Never mind, princess. One of these days you'll understand." GFord chuckled before shaking his head.

"If your brother is a bastard then you're an idiot!" I spat back before going hurriedly down the stairs away from the smirking douchebag.

"Princess, I enjoyed our little chitchat!" He said annoyingly when I was in the middle of the staircase. "I hope my brother told you that we compete in everything not just in basketball. Chase likes you. It will take him a millennium before he would admit his feelings to you but don't worry, I'll give him the run for his money. I like you very much. You caught my fancy, Myah!"

I almost stumbled on the last step but was able to grab on the banister in time. I heard GFord's laughter as I made my way to the right side hallway. "Princess, the kitchen is in the farthest area of the left hallway. You're going the wrong way." I looked up and found him calmly leaning from the second floor enjoying my distress.

I hate you, GFord!