Epilogue

5 years later

Manik was lying on the bed. His eyes were closed as he peacefully rested. He had been through a lot in the past three days and by some miracle he had survived.

The terrorist attack was so horrifying leaving only a scrap of survivors and Manik was one of the fortunate ones.

He lied with heavy bandages all around his body. He was found squashed under a pillar at the office. He was admitted with severe head injury and multiple fractures.

It had been 72 hours since Nandini had been sitting across his bed rubbing her hands on his, but he didn't wake up.

The only things that ensured he was alive was his faint heartbeat and low breathing.

Nandini had been aimlessly talking to him, talking about their children. She was filling him news that how the little five year old caught up a fight with his seven year old sister over who would play with daddy.

Nandini repeatedly cajoled him to wake up, talk to her, meet his children but all he did was lie there without even giving a damn about anything.

"Manik", she called but nothing. She helplessly entwined their hands and placed her head over it, as she drifted off to sleep.

Nandini felt Manik's hand slip from her. She sleepily pulled it back under her head and said,"Manik let me sleep.....", but the next moment her eyes fluttered open and a wide smile flashed across her face.

"Manik you are awake. Thank god you are okay" and Nandini threw her arms around his neck waiting for his arms to wrap around her petite frame.

But it didn't happen.

Manik shuffled uncomfortably in her embrace and Nandini moved back to look into his eyes.

There was a distant look in his eyes and Nandini tried to figure out what it was.....

"Manik?", Nandini asked hoping  this awkwardness would vanish away.

Manik stared at her for a long time. He tilted his head to the right as if figuring out something.

He then raised his brows and asked in a monotone,"Do I know you?"

Thanks for all those lovely comments and words of encouragement. I am going to continue the sequel.
Its in the name
Different Worlds All Over Again

Its on my profile..you may check it.
And don't forget to comment.

Till then happy reading.