Chapter 32

Dedicated to Riya_Talreja(Di) cause she is my inspiration......

--------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Nandini opened her eyes sleepily and let out a lazy yawn. She turned around to find the surrounding different from her own and that's when she realised where she was. She sat up in the bed and looked around.

"Manik?", she called but there was no answer. She got out of the bed and as she moved towards the door she realised she was wearing Manik's top and sweat pants.

How did she get into these......

But as she reached the dining space she saw Manik frying pan cakes while merrily chatting with his daughter, who accompanied him in kitchen

Her arrival broke their father daughter chat as Mannat came running towards her and wrapped her arms around Nandini's legs and squeaked," Gool morling.....".

She picked her up and kissed her cheeks and wished her back," Good morning, hon. Your up so early......".

"Dad and I ale makling pan ckes", and she pointed towards Manik who was approaching us with a plate of pancakes and jug of orange juice and a stupid grin.

He placed the plates on the table and came towards her. He pecked her forehead and said," Good morning sleepy head.....".

Oh my clothes...... Nandini remembered her earlier thoughts.

"Manik, how did I get into these?", Nandini asked bluntly.

"I did", he replied so casually that it seemed as if he had been doing this forever. And gave one of the boyish smiles that sweeps her off the ground.

Manik again concentrated on putting up the plates and Nandini decided to let go the topic. She placed Mannat on the chair and said," I will go freshen up and come.".

"Okay. But come fast. We don't want the breakfast to cool.", Manik said.

"I will be quick", Nandini smiled and left.

Manik filled up Mannat's plate and moved to her. He pushed one bite to her and she happily munched it.

"Yumieee, daddy....", and she reopened her mouth for another bite.

"Sho...Nandu isj my lew mommy?", Mannat asked in between and Manik just stared at her. He himself didn't knew the answer.

"I don't know, baby.....", Manik replied truth fully.

"Shhe will leave again?", The hurt evident in her voice.

Manik pulled his baby into his laps and said," No pumpkin. Daddy will never let her go again.", and kissed her.

"Promisih", Mannat asked looking at her dad.

"Yeah. But we need to give her sometime, some space okay?", Manik told her.

But that was too tough for her to understand, so she just stared at her daddy and an frown appeared on her tiny forehead as she tried to come up with the terms.

"I mean we won't trouble her by talking about this and would try to keep her happy.... Okay?", Manik rephrased his talks.

Mannat bobbed her head and asked Manik," Daddy, isg Nandu shad.".

"Yeah. I think. She has a lot to deal with, honey. Her brother, the baby an...", Manik was cut off by Mannat.

"What baby daddy?", she asked and Manik smiled at her.

"You are going to have a brother soon, pumpkin", Manik replied and Mannat jumped in joy.

"A little brother like me???", she asked hopping in her father's arm.

"Yes, just like my princess.", and Manik kissed her on her cheeks.

"I love you, Manni", Manik squeezed her in his arms and Mannat replied," I lobe you too daddy, but I lobe my brotler more" and Manik laughed at her eagerness and Mannat too joined him.

"What is so funny going on....", Nandini sat beside them picking up the juice and asked seeing the duo laughing.

"Ah nothing......", but before Manik could complete Mannat took the lead," I lobe my brotler".

Nandini was shocked to hear it from Mannat but it felt nice. She widely smiled at her and replied," I am sure he loves you too, Manni." And Mannat leaped towards her landing on Nandini's lap.

Manik admired the two as they fed each other breakfast and in the process created a mess of cakes and juices.

No matter how long they remain detached from each other, how far they stay.....Nandini and Mannat rarely needed anytime to patch up with each other. As if they were meant to be like this. And Manik knew his child is going to have the best mom in the world.

As he concentrated his view to Nandini that's when the severity of yesterday's incident hit him. The cheek was still swollen and red, and bruised. It hurt him to see her like that. But he kept mum as Mannat was there.

"Manni, why don't to show your new picture book that we bought last day. I am sure Nandini want to see it. Right?", Manik told Mannat and looked at Nandini.

Nandini looked back at him and understood that Manik wants to talk but not in the presence of Mannat. So she too asked Mannat," Yes, sweety.... I would like to see it. Why don't you go bring it." And put her down on the ground.

"Okay", she chirped and ran to her room...

"Nandini why don't we go see the doctor once.... The cut is pretty awful.", Manik came up to her when Mannat was gone.

"Its nothing much.... Manik. And moreover its just a simple cut.", Nandini replied but Manik seemed far to be convinced. He lifted his hands and trailed his fingers across the bruise. She could sense his body getting tensed and stiff as he gently touched the places where Rishab's palm had rested.

Nandini took his hand into her and pressed it to give her assurance. She saw pain, hurt, anger, love, care and million of emotions in his brown eyes.

Nandini leaned forward to him and kissed him on the cheeks.

"I don't know Manik, whether its going to lessen the pain or not.... But I just want to say, I love you, I always have and always will. But I am also sorry for all the pain that I gave you.....", Nandini was broken by Manik as he placed his lips on her taking her for a passionate kiss.

"I love you too, Nandini.....".

Okay. Here goes another part. And guys I am going to update this story regularly. Its the other one Manan-Its not meant to be that I will be updating after 26 th Feb. This one will go as it is going.

And another thing....from now on I will dedicate each chapter to one of my readers, because you guys are just awesome and I really love your support.

So my way of thanking you all.

And leave in your comments and votes.

Till then happy reading.