Chapter 14

A week passed by after that incident. Manik was sitting in chair at his home office blankly staring at the laptop.

Soha had called him numerous times but he had not picked up. She left several messages telling she was sorry and all.

But Manik was not in any mood to accept her apology. Manik knew it was one of her tricks and that what she was showing was all a part of the stupid drama she had been playing with him. He now least cared about her. But the only thought that disturbed him was Mannat.

Nandini helped him deal with his princess when she asked about her mother but he was not sure for how long can he hide the truth.

--------------------------------------------------

It was only the day before yesterday when Manik had taken Mannat to the amusement park. And as expected she had thoroughly enjoyed herself.

But while driving back home Manik looked at his daughter at the backseat and found his princess sadly staring out of the window.

"Manni we will again come back to the park soon....baby", Manik cooed trying to cheer her up.

"Dadda I wanl mumma," she spoke in her baby tone.

"She is out working, Manni. You know that Mumma has to work," Manik spoke hating himself for lying to her.

"But dadda you donl go, Nan donl go, grama donl go so why Mumma," she protested. "Mumma donl lobe me, so she leaves." She said looking down.

Manik halted the car at the side and came to the back.

He took Manni in his lap and said," Mumma loves you a lot pumpkin. Its that she has a lot of work so she has to go. But papa is here na. He will take care of Manni.", and kissed her cheeks.

"So wanna have hot chocolate," Manik asked trying to distract her. Mannat's eyes sparkled with joy at the mention of it and she bobbed her head in a yes.

Manik then settled her back on the seat and drove to a cafe.

Mannat was happily sipping her drink while Manik was looking at the road thinking of what he will do.

His thoughts broke as Mannat pulled his sleeve and asked," Dadda ale you saddy" sensing some pain in her father.

He looked at her innocent face and moved towards her and took her into his arms and said," Yea Manni, dadda is sad."

"Whly?", she asked making a sad pout and looking at him.

"Its all grown up stuff pumpkin. You are too small to understand. But don't worry dadda will be fine. He has you na.....", he said taking his baby in a hug.

"And Nan too....", Mannat added snuggling into his chest. Manik smiled hearing it and was surprised thinking that how in such short time the trio had bonded so easily with each other.

-----------------------------

Manik was pulled back to present with the ringing of his phone.

It was Nandini.

He picked up the calling and said," Hey.....".

"Hi, I just called to check upon you guys. Hope you two are okay.", Nandini asked.

Manik smiled at her concern and replied," Yes ..... We are fine."

"How is Mannat?," Nandini asked hoping that the little angel be alright. She don't need to suffer for the problems between her parents.

" I don't know. I try to keep her distracted but she misses her Mom....and that's normal I get it but I feel so helpless for not being able to keep her happy. She deserves a lot better than this", Manik sighed.

"Manik you are not at fault. There is nothing that you could have done. She deserves you and you are better than any other guy.", Nandini tried to put some sense in his thoughts.

"I don't know what to do Nandini,", Manik spoke blankly.

"Did you talk to her Manik?", Nandini asked quietly waiting for some shouts from the other side as she had got them for the past one week every time she had brought Soha in the conversation.

She waited for sometime but nothing. "Manik?", she asked thinking he may have hung up but was surprised to hear a soft reply from him," No, I haven't yet."

"So shouldn't you do the talking and sort all this out. You guys can't just leave everything to hang in the air. You need to settle this out. At least for Mannat.", Nandini reasoned with him.

Manik was silent for sometime and finally said," Hmm. I will try to talk with her, probably today. I have to do it for Manni.", he let out a deep sigh.

"Manik what ever you decide you will always have me by your side. And don't worry about Mannat. She would be fine as she will have you around. She would grow up into a perfect person under your guidance. So just do what ever you feel right and go by your heart.", she spoke softly.

"I will let you now if anything happens,", Manik replied before hanging up with her.

He flipped his phone in his hand for few seconds and then made up his mind. He opened up the contacts and dialled Soha's number.

As soon as Soha picked up the call from the other end Manik decided to sort out all this shit today as this should be the last time that he would speak with Soha.

Thank you all for the support and sweet comments. And I would love to hear more.

So please keep voting and commenting.

Till then enjoy and Happy reading.