Chapter 12

While parking her car at the lot she saw the red Ferrari of Manik at the other end. Nandini hastily left the place and entered into the hotel. She was standing in front of the Reception trying to locate Manik.

Finally she dialled his number. He picked up at the 3rd ring. "I am at the bar section, across the dining area.", Manik said without letting her speak.

"Okay,", Nandini hung up and walked to the bar. She spotted Manik among the crowd. He was sitting on the bar stool and drinking.

"Manik?!", Nandini asked softly. Manik looked up at her and Nandini could see his red puffed eyes that reflected his pain completely. The hollowness the betrayal all were prominent in the pair of chocolatey brown eyes.

Nandini couldn't bear to look into it. She lowered her gaze and said," Let's go Manik."

"I have no where to go.", Manik replied curtly.

"You have a wife and a daughter at home waiting for you. They will be tens ......", before Nandini could complete her words Manik got up from his place, placed a note on the table and took hold of Nandini's hand and dragged her outside the bar.

He pulled her into the lift and pressed 11. Nandini tried to free her wrist from his grip but Manik grasped it tighter.

"Manik leave my hand,", Nandini was losing her calmness because of Manik's behaviour.

Manik shooted a glance and said, "Just wait".

Nandini knew if it was some other person she would have done hell with waiting and would have straight away left.

But here she wanted to see what Manik was wanting her to see. She decided to wait and watch. Probably that may reduce at least some of the pain that he was going through.

Nandini stopped struggling and stared at Manik. The red eyes showed that he had cried a lot. His shirt was wrinkled and he smelt of alcohol. The boyish ever smiling charm that made every girl fall for him was no where near the vicinity.

In their previous few meetings Nandini had often caught Manik stealthily catching glances of her from the corner of his eyes. And each time he was greeted with one of her shy blushes.

But today not for once Manik had turned his attention towards her. How Nandini wished to see the breathtaking laugh on his handsome face that was missing.

Nandini was silently observing Manik when the lift stopped at the 11th floor.

By now Manik had let go of her hand. Manik marched across the hall and Nandini followed him.

He halted in front of Room 320. Nandini looked at Manik questioningly but he gave her a blank look.

He took a deep breath probably to calm himself and then knocked on the door. Nandini was shocked as to why Manik was knocking on random doors. She caught hold of Manik's arm and tried to stop him, but Manik knocked again.

"Coming....", came a male voice and soon the door flung open.

There stood Harshad staring at Manik and Nandini in disbelief.

Manik just glared at him and Nandini oblivious to everything tried to understand the situation. Meanwhile Soha shouted from inside," Who is it? The hotel staff?".

When there was no response from either side Soha came out in a night gown and the sight shocked her. She stammered," Maa nn ikkk".....

"You were telling me na, Nandini that I have a wife waiting for me at home. No she is not...... Here she is sleeping with other men.", Manik shouted looking at Soha.

"I can explain, Manik...", Soha tried to speak.

But Manik cut her and said," No need. I don't want an explanation. You will get the divorce papers tomorrow. And I will take full custody of Mannat. She was your problem right, the reason for marrying me. Well she don't need a mother like you."

Manik shouted all this at one go. Before anyone would have said anything, he marched away from the place dragging Nandini behind him.

------------------------------------------------------

Manik and Nandini were sitting at the terrace at Manik's house. Manik had not uttered a single word since the incident. Nor did Nandini tried to force him to say anything.

There was complete silence when Manik began," The girl you saw at the hotel....that is Soha. And the guy is Harshad. Mine and Soha's marriage had been a forced marriage..."

He laughed sarcastically," Other wise what 20 years boy get married huh...leaving his dreams his music....".

"Her parents made her marry me because she was already pregnant with Mannat, Harshad's child. And all this I didn't know."

"All the while I was being played with, they all were cheating on me. And I like an idiot believed them. I gave up everything for nothing......", and Manik's voice broke and fresh tears crawled down his cheeks.

Nandini could feel the pain that Manik was going through. She moved towards him and took his face in her tiny palms. She slowly wiped the tears and pulled Manik into a hug.

Manik wrapped his hands around her waist and rested his head on her shoulders and cried. He cried letting go of all the pain that was inside him.

Nandini could feel his warm tears on her skin but she didn't let him go.

She just hugged him tighter and rubbed his back trying to calm him down and whispered in his ears," I am here Manik and I will be with you.... always......"

Hope you guys like it. A long update only for you all.

Now start voting and commenting.

Vote a lot and comment a lot. And I will soon be back to entertain you more.

Thanks to all for supporting me and keep doing it. Forgive me for the mistakes.

Happy reading.