Chapter 44

They sat with their hands intertwined. Manik had not let go of her hand since the time he held it during the marriage.

Gosh he was mad about her.

"Ready to share the good news?", Manik asked her.

She turned her head to him and then squeaked in a joyful tone,"Yea I am.".

Though both were overjoyed to share it with their families they knew they too had to face the wrath of them.

Manik opened the door of the apartment and Nandini followed him in.

"What the hell is going on here!?", Manik shouted seeing his house in a complete mess.

Nothing was in place. There were clothes books paper pillow and what not all over the place.

Nandini gaped at the sight of the blunder. It was as if a tornado had just passed by.

"Daddy...... Daddy", Manik heard his pumpkin shouting from somewhere.

He looked here and there but couldn't locate her.

"Pumpkin, where are you?", Manik asked as he moved his way towards the sofa.

"Manni baby, where are you?", Nandini too joined the search.

"Herel", Mannat squeaked and Manik lifted a blanket from the couch and Mannat sprang into her father's arms.

"How did this happen?", Nandini asked bewildered, glancing the house.

"Granny andl Mamu did!", Mannat replied pulling Manik's tuxedo button.

And the next moment, Rishab and Nyonika came out from another room. Worry was written all over their faces.

It was evident that there had been some problem.

"Mom, Rishab what are you guys doing?", Manik asked looking at them quizzically.

"Where have you two idiots been? That too dressed up like this?", Nyonika asked eyeing the couple.

"Ahhh....actually Mom.....", Manik began to tell them of the marriage but Rishab cut him short.

"Leave it. Will hear it later. There is a bigger problem here.", Rishab spoke with a frown.

"What is it Bhai?", Nandini asked.

"Both of your wedding rings are missing. I wanted to take them to the jewellery shop for some last time adjustment, but when I came they were not in the locker.",  Nyonika explained the situation.

Of course it won't be in the locker. It was on their fingers.

Manik and Nandini exchanged a glance as Nyonika continued.

"I then called Rishab to ask him whether he knew about it, but he said he didn't. Then he came over here and we almost searched the whole apartment but it is not here. Oh God where did I keep it."

Manik gulped as he prepared himself for a probable Third World War.

He shifted Mannat to his left hand as he clutched Nandini's left hand with his right.

Rishab and Nyonika were still busy searching here and there.

"Mom!", Manik began.

Nyonika looked at him and Rishab did the same.

"Yeah, what?", Nyonika asked.

"I know where the rings are.",Manik replied slowly.

Nyonika heaved a sigh of relief and walked up to her son.