Chapter 37

Manik reached to Nandini and placed a long kiss on her forehead and whispered,
" Nandini, I won't let anything harm our son. He will be safe.....I promise".

Nandini looked at Manik as he parted away. "I love you....", she said before Manik left the room.

"I love you too, Nandu", and Manik left for Ms Winchester's cabin.

Manik entered the cabin and saw the doctor resting on her chair, holding some reports in her hand. She directed the chair in front of her desk for Manik to sit.
"Please, have a seat.....".

Manik somewhat hesitantly sat as his mind was completely filled with other thoughts, about his son.....his safety...

"Ah its nice to see you taking up the responsibility, along with her...", the doctor started.

Manik gave a sad smile and replied, " Yeah...she didn't inform me before. She wanted to plunge into this alone."

"Yes .... She told me. Nandini is one strong girl, that I have seen so far. Could you tell what actually caused the accident?", the doctor asked.

Manik narrated the whole incident starting from her rough night with her brother, to their conversation and the accident.

Ms Winchester listened to it carefully and spoke," In my whole experience in this field I have never come across such a girl. She can take so much, without her parents, drunkard brother.....and her upcoming child. That too at the age of 19. I would have been in complete mess....if I was her.".

Manik gave a weak smile and said," Yeah. That she is. I am happy that now at least she is letting me in. Letting me take care of her.".

"She is a lot more better,mentally now, except for the accident. When she had first came, she was this depressed soul, unhappy and sad....I had though that she won't be able to pull this off even for a month. But here she is in her six months. She just never fails to amaze me. But now she seems to be much happier, having you by her side.", the doctor smiled at him.

Manik smiled back.

"So what about the reports?", Manik asked, nervously.

Nandini was sitting on her bed. She was frequently placing her hand on her stomach to get his feelings. But there was none.

Tears were silently flowing down her eyes as she helplessly prayed to God for saving her child. He was his only hope for living. And she cannot lose him.

Suddenly the door flung open and Manik entered in the room with tears in his eyes and a large smile on his face. He rushed to her side and took her into a hug,
"He is safe..... He is safe", he spoke in between his sobs.

Nandini clutched onto Manik more tightly. She was surprised and astonished. Somewhere at the back of her mind she had thought that her son would not be okay. But this seemed like a miracle to her.

"Our baby is perfectly fine.", Manik repeated again and a sigh of relief passed through Nandini as she said,"He is fine.....", as if confirming it again.

Manik pulled apart and placed his hand on Nandini's stomach and said," I love you baby", and the next moment their son moved around making Manik feel him move inside her.

It was his first time that he had felt his son move. He was amazed and he kneeled down to him.

He then looked up at a smiling Nandini and said to her," He heard me.... He heard me", Manik beamed like a kid.

"Yes and he answered to you. By moving.", Nandini ruffled Manik's hair.

Manik lowered his head and kissed his son. "Daddy loves you a lot, baby..... A lot", he whispered against her stomach.

"Parth.....", Nandini said sipping her juice from the glass.

"Parth Malhotra...., nah...that's a boring name. Come on Nandu let's have some interesting names.", Manik suggested looking hopefully at her.

Nandini bit into her salad trying to figure out names for their baby. After some thought she gave up and said," Not having anything special. Why don't you suggest and I will choose from them."

"Okay.... What about Sam.... Sammy.....John.....", Manik trailed off but Nandini interrupted him.

"Manik I want my son to have a Indian name.", She said.

"Let's see.... We have Rahul..... Rohan.....", Nandini stopped him again.

"Not the usual ones....", she protested.

"Oh this is so difficult. I never had so much problem while naming Mannat.....", he spoke as he was short of names.

"So how did you name Mannat?", Nandini asked him.

Manik smiled widely remembering the incident. He began," You know, how much troubled was I in my past with Soha, marriage, business and all. I was one hopeless soul..... Always angry, sad..... But when I first held Mannat in my arms..... Those little eyes looking at me..... I felt this amazing feeling...... A feeling so strong yet so peaceful..... A feeling of pure love. I felt that she was what I wished for so long. She was my angel, my princess, my love. She was my wish come true..... So I named her Mannat."

Manik explained. Nandini saw his eyes twinkle with joy as he narrated his experience. No wonder he loves Mannat beyond limits and Nandini knew, her son is fortunate enough to get that love too.

"With you around, Mannat would grow up into a stunning and eye-catching personality, whom each one will crave to become.", Nandini replied.

"I hope she fulfill her goals.", Manik said.

"She will".

"So that's how it was done. Now tell me what would you like our son to be. Then maybe we can sort the names out.", Manik asked Nandini.

"I want him, to be the saviour, of all. Like he had been mine, giving me hope, a reason to live. I want him to be the light in the darkness, the peace in the war, the soothing rain in the sultry heat, the love in the hatred.....", Nandini was stopped by Manik.

The sparkle in his eyes told her that he had found the perfect name for their son.

"Ishq", he said.

Ishq ....... Meaning love..... The boy who will be spreading love where ever he goes..... And what better cure you have for pain and suffering rather than love.

Nandini smiled," Ishq it is"....... And she leaned towards Manik and placed her lips on his.

Ishq, born due to the pure and selfless love between two pure broken souls tied by destiny...............

So here is another update. Hope you enjoy it. And sorry for the mistakes.... No editing done.

All the name credits including Mannat and Ishq goes to Riya Talreja(Di). Thank you for these awsm names, di.

Happy Valentines Day to you all.

Do comment and vote.

Till then happy reading.