Chapter 11

The five minutes in the lift seemed like 5 hrs. Manik wished that he just finds Harshad alone. But somewhere deep he knew that will not be happening. As the lift stopped at the eleventh floor, Manik rushed through the hall checking the numbers on the door. He stopped at the door on which 320 was engraved. He stood for 10 seconds and as he was going to knock.....there was a muffled laughter from inside and he knew it was Soha......
And soon a deep male voice too joined her.

Manik stood in front of the door numb trying to figure out his next step, when he overheard the conversation going on inside.

In the room

A man was on the couch and had a woman in his lap. The lady had her hands around his neck and legs wrapped around his waist.

It was Harshad and Soha.

Harshad asked ,"So how come I get this sudden surprise.", with a grin marked across his face.

"Some one just screwed up with me.", Soha replied.

"Really are you talking of Manik?", Harshad was amused.

Soha hummed. "Poor boy.... He cries and I laugh. So what did he do?", Harshad was enjoying it.

"He is fooling around with some other girl.", Soha replied.

"Oh... Come on Soha let him. He is a guy with too much bad luck. First he had to marry you. Then he is now parenting my daughter and I am enjoying with his wife. Give him a break.", Harshad blurted out.

"I don't care him hitting other gals or so. But I had to show or at least act as if I am angry. Otherwise he would easily understand I am cheating on him.", Soha stopped for a little and continued," Then who is going to carry the responsibility of your baby.....Not me nor you. We need him....".

Harshad let out a laugh," He really thinks that Mannat is his daughter?"

"Yea... I want him to think that, now if you are over interrogating me about my hubby can we please continue where we left." and with this Soha leaned towards Harshad and placed her lips over his.

Outside the room

Manik was hearing the whole conversation. He always had a nudging feeling as to why the Khurrana's wanted Soha to get married with Manik. But he had never given it much thought as at that time his mind was clouded with million other emotions. He leaving his music, taking up business and after that life had been a hurricane and it had passed away quickly.

It was not until now that he gave it a thought and all the pieces fell into perfect place as he saw the real bigger picture in front of him.

He could no longer bear this and left the hotel. He marched towards his car and hopped in it. Sitting on the driver's seat he stared at the blank road ahead.

He was fuming in anger thinking how he was being played around by Soha and Harshad and he clenched the driving wheel. He never thought anyone would try to hurt him like this but who knows. Life has only given him the worst.

But all this anger and hurt feelings were nothing to the hollowness that he was presently feeling after hearing that Mannat was not his daughter. He felt that someone had snatched out the very life of his. Tears started forming as he thought about the words again and again.

No...Mannat is mine and only mine. She is my daughter..... Mine, his heart screamed but somewhere his brain pointed out that Harshad was her real father.
He felt completely lost. He lost everything........ His dreams, his music, his life. He could even let go Soha as she never ever became a part of Manik's life. He could be able to leave her and it won't pain much but he could never let go of Mannat.

Before Mannat Manik was like a dead person. He rarely smiled forget about laughing. He took enjoyment in nothing. He just lived for the sake of living. There was no emotions.....

But when Mannat came he clearly remembered, how he had picked her up in his arms for the first time and all he could feel was that it was the thing that is going to keep him smiling forever . That tiny person wrapped up in a white cloth just meant the world to him. For her he even forgave Soha and tried to patch up with her. Mannat was the little bundle of joy, his love, his life , his everything.

Manik was now crying and tears were flowing down his cheeks, when the phone rang. He opened it to find it was Nandini....

This time he picked up and on the other end Nandini greeted him," Hello, Manik?"

Manik wiped his tears and answered," Yeah,". The pain and sorrow was heard in his simple yeah.

Nandini sensed it and asked," Manik are you okay?", concerned.

Manik just glanced at the hotel in front of which his car was parked and he could no longer hold it in and he broke on the phone,"  I lost it, Nandini..... I lost everything....." And it was all he could utter.

"Manik where are you now? Manik?", Nandini asked.
But she could only hear his sobs. "Manik,please tell me where you are?"

"The Grand Hotel,", he replied.

Nandini rushed out of her home and started her car and within 10 minutes she had passed all the traffic of the city and was on the highway to 'The Grand Hotel'.

Two updates in one day...... Enjoy reading.
And don't forget to vote and leave your lovely comments.

Happy reading guys......