Chapter 27

"Nandu, breakfast is ready......get up", Rishab's voice trailed by the door.

Nandini pulled down the covers from her face and stared at the ceiling. And unknowingly her hand went downwards and circled the small bump that had started to make its appearance.

She closed her eyes as she absorbed the moment. She loved her baby and knew after Manik, it was the only thing that she had of him. She poured all her love that she had for Manik into her child and she knew that the baby was everything for her.

Nandini got out of bed and lazily went to the washroom. She changed into loose T-shirt so that it may be comfortable for her, she was already in her 6months. And in all these months Manik had not even tried once to contact her, reach up to her. He just walked out and never turned back. And that hurt her most. He didn't try to heal her, he simply left, leaving her. Before the tears were out she composed herself and went downstairs.

And as she entered the hall a wide smjle curved up her lips.
Rishab had beautifully set the tables and the room was filled with the smell if fresh eggs bacon and juice.

Nandini's support and company and love had cured Rishab beyond limits. He had turned back into his cheerful self. There were very few instances that he got drunk now. And moreover he even took up a job at the printing company so that he could help Nandini out.

Even it pained Nandini to leave Manik and for choosing Rishab, Rishab made sure that she didn't repent it. He was a changed man. And Rishab even cared for Nandini's baby even more than her. Looking after her eating habits, taking enough rest, seeing doctors....... Nandini just could not ask anything more from her brother.

Rishab had tried talking to Nandini about Manik, to sort things out but she always avoided it, or skipped the topic. And finally he had given up hope.

"Will you keep staring at the food or you want to have some," Rishab chuckled when he found Nandini lost in her thoughts.

Nandini settled on the table and took a plate and Rishab loaded it up with fresh rolls, bread, eggs and what not. I took a bit of the roll and the cream melted in my mouth........yum and next minute I was hovering on my plate.

Rishab laughed at my behavior and replied," Easy Nandini there is basket of those."

"Bhai you are amazing cook. Start a café and its gonna be up in the list.", I cannot keep the enthusiasm in myself.

"For now I am happy with the job Nandu,", he just smiled and started having his own share of breakfast.

By the time Nandini was done with her eating it seemed that she wanted to gain 5pounds today only. She picked herself up and Rishab helped her up to the garage.

Soon they reached her college, and as Nandini stepped out Rishab called her," Nandu when will I pick you up?".

"Bhai I will take a cab back home. I have work at the book store after college", Nandini replied.

"Ah, Nandu you don't need to work now. Not in this condition. I earn enough to keep both of us going.", Rishab began the same convo that they are now having for a while.

"I now, Bhai. But I am really fine with it. I like working there.", Nandini spoke determined.

"Okay......", Rishab sighed. "But I will pick you up from the store. I will be there at 5", Rishab said to her.

"Do I get to say a no.", Nandini replied helplessly.

"No you don't. Okay bye. And be safe and keep my niece or nephew safe too. Love you both.", Rishab said before driving away.

Nandini waved a bye and made her way to the class. Time flew quickly and soon she headed to the bookstore.

She loved working there. It kept her mind involved in tasks and made her think less of Manik. And it was a great relief.

Nandini was busy sorting out the books in the child section when her eyes fell on a toddler wearing a red top and white skirt and her hair tied into two ponytails.

Before she knew she called," Mannat......", and the little one turned her head towards the sound. The baby blue eyes sparkled with joy and within seconds she came running to her.

"Nandu...." And her little arms were around her legs. She had grown much more in these few months and she was now able to call her Nandu instead of Nan.

Nandini was too happy to have her around and picked her into her arms. "Oh Manni, I missed you dear."

"I milled you too", she spoke. Nandini was surprised hearing her speak in sentences. Nandini kissed her cheeks seeing her sad expression.

"Oh baby, I am sorry." Nandini spoke.

"Ale you coming back now," Mannat asked with joy.

"No sweety I can't.", Nandini replied helplessly.

"Whly? Please Nandu ", Mannat pleaded and it broke Nandini's heart to deny her. But she too can't help.

"Manni I can't go back now.", and Mannat like her dad didn't prefer no for her requests. So without wasting time she just got down and ran away.

Nandini didn't want her to get hurt so followed her and went in her directions but before Nandini could reach Mannat, two very famaliar pair if hands picked the child up and as Nandini looked at the owner of the hands, she wished that she had not followed Mannat.

Manik stood there frozen at his place watching Nandini staring back at him.

Guys I didn't cross check...... So sorry for the mistakes. And here is the update. So enjoy. And I cannot promise any quick updates. So sorry for that too. Hope you guys understand.

And thanks for the amazing response in the last chappy. Thanks a lot. Keep supporting and voting and commenting.

Till then happy reading.