Chapter 29

As Manik stayed in his position, kneeling before Nandini, he felt a tug at his shirt. Mannat was standing beside him pulling his sleeves.

"Daddy, I wanl to have Choco.....", she pleaded.

Though she had not disturbed their meeting but she had been too bored to continue with this any further.

Manik understood this and pulled his baby in his arms," Okay, pumpkin we are going to get it. Want to take Nandini with us?". And Mannat bobbed her head in a yes and both the father daughter looked at Nandini with hope.

Even though Nandini would love to keep her distance from them, and not hurt them further with her presence, she could not deny the pleading looks that the duo were giving her. Moreover she had further discussion to make with Manik. So she gave in to their wishes and replied,
"Okay.....".

The smile that Nandini was dying to see flashed across Manik's face and instantly his eyes lit up.

He missed her.

She missed him.

Nandini only half smiled in reply.
Manik took Mannat in his arms and went out heading to the nearby cafe, while Nandini followed them.

Manik placed Mannat on one of the vacant tables and Nandini joined them there.

"Manni, I will get you your chocolate and you will stay here with Nandu, okay", Manik told Mannat.

But she clutched onto his shirt more firmly and replied," I want to go with you....... Please daddy".

"Then Nandini will be here alone na, baby. We don't want her to be scared", and Manik looked up to Nandini with a grin on his face.

Mannat being innocent tried to gauge the situation and then glancing at Nandini once she said to her daddy," Nandu is big. She wonl be booo", and Manik could not help but laugh at her talks.

"I will be okay. You take her. Manni baby go with daddy," Nandini replied and Mannat jumped onto his father.

After few moments Manik returned with two coffee cups and Mannat walked in front of him holding a tub of chocolate chips. She happily jumped and hopped to Nandini.

Nandini lovingly looked at her and she could not help but think of a little 2 year baby boy with the brown chocolatey eyes of his dad, dark curls and chubby cheeks running around. And the beauty of the sight made her eyes sparkle with joy.

Manik came and sat across Nandini and Mannat in between them. Manik handed one coffee cup to her and she took it.

There was a eerie silence. Its was awkward as both Manik and Nandini sipped their coffee and checked each other from the corner of their eyes, while the only sound that accompanied them was the crunching of chips.

The silence pained Manik as he looked carefully at Nandini. She seemed cut off. He felt so connected to her moments ago........ But was it only that little life that was the bridge. Had they lost the spark that was theirs before. Did he really lose his Nandini.

"So have you thought of any ways as how to handle things now?", Manik asked learning Nandini will not start the conversation.

"Handle what?", Nandini asked looking at Manik.

"Things between Me...You....Him", Manik hinted.

"Oh! I didn't give it much thought. I never thought I will be meeting you so soon..", Nandini replied truthfully.

"Oh...", it was just a dagger to his heart. The person whom he loved the most didn't think of meeting him, whereas all these months everywhere he had been he had searched for her, wished for getting a glimpse of her.

"Am I that bad, that you don't even want to see me now, Nandini. Is that the real reason as to why you didn't want my baby to meet his daddy?", Manik asked in a painful voice.

Nandini had kept Manik unaware because she didn't want Manik to take away her only hope, and she had seen it before that it didn't work for them. She almost had lost her brother when they were together. It somehow made her believe that they were not meant to be. And its better to have separate ways.

"I told you Manik before, that since we broke up, I didn't want you to get all burdened up.", Nandini replied trying to keep herself calm.

"But now as you are willing to take up some of the responsibility, I won't stop you. You obviously have rights over the baby too. If you want we can do some paper work.", Nandini continued.

Manik stared at her helplessly as she proposed her thoughts. She was broken and worse than the last time. He knew she wants to be in his arms as she was sometime back...... But she fought all of it. She pushed him further away, far away from herself.

"Nandini, can't we give us another chance.", Manik asked.

"We don't want our baby to be deprived of any happiness, do we?", Manik pleaded to her hoping she would at least give it another chance.

Nandini looked into his eyes and found him begging. There was one hope, that was surrounded by darkness, in his eyes.

"Manik.....," Nandini shifted her gaze from his eyes, and she so badly wanted to say yes. There was no reason not to do it.

"Please....", Manik forwarded his hands to clasp her as she looked back into his eyes.

He could see her fighting, fighting with her own self.

And all he prayed for was to hear a yes..... Or may be even a nod and he would do anything, try everything to bring her back...... Take her to such a state so that she will never have the battle that she is having now....there won't be any doubt for her.

It would be only Him

As for him it was Her.

But was Nandini ready to go back there.

Maybe yes...... Or may be no.

Another update. Happy reading and enjoy.

Happy Rose Days guys.

And please vote and comment a lot. Will wait for them.

Till then happy reading.