Chapter 7

Manik sat on the couch and lifted back Mannat into his lap, telling her gently,"Its alright Manni, it's all done."

The child buried her face in her father's chest as she cooed in her babyish tone," Dadda".

"Why would you bring your daughter to a bar," Nandini asked.

"Her mother wasn't around to watch her.", Manik said with a shrug. He then looked down at his cutipie and said,"Manni why don't you say hi to Nandini?". The little girl made a noise rejecting the offer and shook her head against Manik's chest. Manik then jokingly asked," No? No?".

His voice got goofy as his hand slid under her arms as she tickled her sides. The child burst out into a fit of laughter drawing her body in tightly enough that his fingers simply latched onto her and he lifted her into the air. She laughed hard as he gently twisted her on his lap so that she can face the others.

With a bashful grin and crimson cheeks Mannat looked at the strange girl and the funny man in front of her.

Nandini looked at the child and passed a fake smile and waved her hand. Mannat was unaware of the fake ness but she surely understood that it wasn't a friendly gesture.

Mannat's smile disappeared as she asked Nandini," Shady shady...", in her ever sweet voice.

"No.", Nandini tried to keep up the irritation in her voice.

Mannat now turned to her father saying," Dadda .... Nol happy...." And pointed towards Nandini.

Manik told his daughter," Manni why don't you play with the uncle,okay? Daddy is going to bye Nandini a glass of water.

"No ", Nandini mumbled.

Manik's eyes widened a moment as if No was a word he had never heard before. He then wiped away the look and replaced with his usual boyish charm," If you are staying here let me buy you something. Besides I need to talk to you about something."

"Why?".

"I just have something to tell you.", he said with gentleness. Nandu rolled her eyes to this but finally joined him. When the two started to the bar Manik softly guided her by placing his hand halfway up her back. Leaning down forward he whispered," I am sorry....".

Nandini looked up to him trying to register the reason behind the apology but unable to do so she asked," What for? You didn't do anything wrong."

"Because I can't think of anything else to why are you snapping at a child." Manik replied like a over protective father.

Nandini felt bad for behaving roughly with the child but she didn't give into those feelings and continued," Manik no one is stopping you from going. You can leave if you want to."

Manik sighed at her statement and started ," Listen you don't me to leave.". Nandini scoffed. "Hey the more I stay with him and keep him distracted the more else he drinks." Nandini knew Manik was right and Manik went on," But I just won't able to help if don't co operate and stop snapping at my baby."

"That would be shame" Nandini said not really putting her heart into those words as the last thing she wants here to be alone in this bar with her drunk brother.

Manik clearly understood that she didn't mean it and hence didn't took any offence. Rather he looked at her and a thin smile crept onto his lips.

Nandini called the bartender and as she was going to tell her drink Manik intervened," A cherry coke easy on the ice please."

"How did you know....." Was all that Nandini could utter looking into the chocolatey brown eyes as a subtle smile made its appearance on her angelic face leaving a enchanting view in front of Manik.

"Just a guess..." Manik replied with a grin as Nandini pulled back her locks behind her ear. Soon enough Manik will be doing this......;-);-)

As Nandini grabbed her drink from the table Manik continued,

" By the way if you want to start up with Manni you can ask her up about the blue clip she is wearing. Its new and She loves to talk about it."

"Alright," Nandini replied."I will."

Nandini then walked towards the booth leaving Manik behind. When her eyes turned back to his to find him standing at his initial place she realised...( no guys Manik's gaze was not on Nandu)
he wasn't watching anything but Mannat. Nandini could see how caring and loving the man was. She regretted for snapping at him earlier.

By the time the night was dying down for the group, Nandini found herself actually laughing and enjoying the company.

As Nandini's earlier rudeness vanished Manik found out that Nandini was better with Mannat than any other stranger he had seen his baby with. Manni was loving Nandu's company and was chirping along with her happily. She even shifted to Nandini's lap, while playing with the polished smooth nails of Nandini.

Sometime later Mannat came back to her father and snuggled close to Manik's chest and fell asleep instantly.

"I think I better get her home.", Manik said adjusting Mannat in his lap as he got up to leave. He then held out his free hand towards Nandini," It was nice talking to you."

Nandini rose and took his hand into hers and moved towards Manik and placed a soft kiss on his cheek and whispered "Thank you."

Manik replied with a grin," Always....( Humesha)."

She then moved back and looked into his eyes and said"It was nice to have your company." Her smile gently rose on her lips and Manik could not help but stare into the depth of Nandini's eyes that were bright and covered with some mystery. She was glowing as if she was Manik's star.

Manik was unable to understand but he felt completely addicted to her smile.

Phew........lamba update tha. This is for happyritz and 2jasmine. Thank you guys for supporting me.

But I would love to hear from others too....and please press the star button at the left side of the screen after reading......
Till then happy reading and enjoy.....