Chapter 5

Flashback continuing......

Manik finally broke down into tears clutching his broken guitar against his chest. Tears flowed down his eyes as he thought about the things that his parents told him.

He was aware that for the last 3 years their business was not as fluently running as it had been once. This was obviously because of the increased drinking habits of his dad. So he had been approached by his mom to take up the job of handling the company with his father. Manik Malhotra being Manik didn't give a damn to it and continued with his dream........

But now the company was at a point of going bankrupt. Raj Malhotra, Manik's dad had signed a deal with Khurannas and had terribly failed in it. The Khurranas are asking for high rate compensation and if that has to be paid it was pretty end to Malhotra Industries.

The only way to escape this disaster as proposed by Mr Khurrana was that if Manik would marry his daughter Soha then he may let go the terms.........

Manik knew if he would say yes then it would be the end of his dreams and all....... But his parents were also important to him and he knew that if he says no to the proposal they would be broken beyond repair......he cannot do that to them............

Flashback ends.

He was lost in those thoughts until in the back pocket he felt his phone ring. He then quickly thought back to the young girl he had met a short time back, her captivating eyes still haunting his own. " Its probably Nandini." He thought. He pulled the phone from his back pocket and flipped open the screen," Hello?"

"Manik," the young voice questioned on the other end.

He answered with a glimpse of smile," Nandini"..

Her voice lightened," Hey, so the doctor said he is fine. They have just given him a few stitches and took a scan for concussion check since they can't tell what is the alcohol or not....but he's fine.".

"Good," Manik said." I am glad."

Nandini then replied," Thanks again for helping him."

"It was my pleasure.", Manik stated. "It was actually nice nice talking to him. He is a good guy."

"Yeah..."

Manik then told her," Listen if you need any help at any time, you just let know alright? Whether its your brother or something else, and never worry about disturbing me or so......"

Just then Manik heard something he wished he could have witnessed. She let out a small, stifled laugh and in that moment he knew she was smiling. "Thanks a lot.....but I guess we are okay now."

"Alright," Manik said smiling at the thought of her sullen gaze having come back together for a second. "Well take care then, Nandini."

"You too," she said and both hung up.

Manik turned to the door to find that Soha was standing and glaring at him, arms crossed and brows raised. Her only question was," Nandini?".

"The man's sister at the bar." Soha continued to stare at him. Manik elaborated," Rishab, a guy at the bar injured himself by hitting his head at a table. We tried to take him up to the hospital but he refused and so I had to call up his sister,Nandini. I had asked her to me inform whether her brother is alright or not and so she did. That's all."

"And you offering them help was just a purely platonic thing?" Soha questioned as if she didn't trust or knew her husband at all.

Manik who was holding up his anger till now felt so insulted that he couldn't keep himself from shouting at Soha," That mab had just lost his wife and had no one except his young sister. I just did not want them to end up at a point where they would not be able to get any help. That's it and you very well know that I would not cheat on you. If I had to I would have done that long ago.......".

Soha just stared at Manik in disbelief as he spoke the last words. " You are shouting at me just because of a mere girl you met at a bar. I can't belief it." Saying this she just stormed off the room and disappeared into the bedroom.

As he was left outside Manik felt a pang of sadness but not because of Soha. Instead he thought about Nandini. How she had been through. Nandini had a bright future probably in music but she was giving it up for becoming a doctor and who else would know this pain better other than Manik himself. And Rishab must have been better than now.......he just wished he could help.

Manik felt something alien as if he was obligated to check upon Nandini. He needed to know if she was alright. After all he never did get to see the smile on her.......

A long long update. And now its your time to vote. I have already written the next part but will update it only after I get at least 20 votes. So start voting......please. And I will be back. Till then happy reading.