Chapter 20

Manik's flight landed at 9:30pm. He woke Mannat up and took her in his arms and walked out of the airport. The driver was waiting for their arrival. Both of them settled in the car as the driver took them to their hotel.

Mannat crawled on Manik's lap and looked out of the window at the traffic on the road. It was pretty light as it was late and it took about 15 min for them to reach the hotel.

After helping Mannat to freshen up, Manik himself changed into casuals and ordered dinner.

Manik was busy feeding Manni and handling her tantrums.

"Manni, baby this is the last piece,.. Come on take it.", Manik ran behind her trying to get the morsel into her mouth.

"Loo(no) I want Nan...d", she chirped in her cute tone and nodded her head sideways.

"Okay, Manni... But first you have to eat this up and then we together would call Nandu," Manik tried to settle a deal with his little princess.

"Lo.., I wanl meet Nan...", She declared.

God she was thought to handle. I think my clients are much easier to deal with. Manik thought.

"Fine....we will meet her once we reach home, but for now we can only talk with her,", Manik pleaded.

Manni thought about the approach and then came to her dadda. She climbed into his lap and opened her mouth like a good girl.

Manik fed her the last bits and thanked Nandu for helping him even when she is not around. He thought how could he handle Manni alone without her help.

After dinner both father daughter sat on the bed as Manik dialled Nandini's number. It rang but no one picked it up. He tried 2-3 times each time he got the same response. While Manni waited to talk with her Nandini.

"Pumpkin, she is not picking up. Maybe she is busy.", Manik said to Manni as he dialled again.

"Nan..too donl lobe me. All busi busi," Manni spoke in a sad tone.

Manik instantly got as to why his cutepie said it. He squeezed her in his arms and said," Nah all love my pumpkin." And his hands reached her tummy as he tickled her.

Manni burst into laughter," Dadda......haha...".

Manik tucked Mannat in bed and kissed her forehead when she finally had slept. Though he cheered up Mannat but he himself was worried about Nandini.

He once again dialled her number but this time to no one picked. "Hope you are okay,Nandu.", he said as he settled himself beside Mannat.

--------------------------------------------------

The next day was pretty hectic. Manik spent the entire morning in the business meeting and with his clients. He also had Mannat to take care of. And surprisingly Manni was in a good mood and had seldom disturbed her father. Even in the tough schedule he had called Nandini but it added to his worries as there was no answer. He mentally decided to visit her as soon as he reach home.

The flight landed in the afternoon. He took Mannat and drove straight to Nandini's home.

He parked the car and picked Manni in his arms and rang the bell, waiting for Nandini to open the door.

He waited but the door did not open. He again pressed the bell and this time a drunk Rishab opened the door.

"Hey, is Nandu here?", Manik asked.

"That's none of your business.", Rishab said.

"Uh can you just call her, say that Mannat is here. I think you are not in your senses so.... Please just call her......", Manik spoke as he knew Rishab was terribly drunk.

Mean while Nandini came down shouting," Who is it Bhai?".
And she stopped seeing Mannat with Manik at her door step.

"Why are you here," she asked coldly.

Manik was unable to understand the reason behind the cold behavior of the duo as just one day ago they were like a family and now suddenly this distance.

"Nan....Nan...", Mannat jumped out of Manik's arms and landed on Nandini. Manik chuckled to see his daughter's enthusiasm but his smile faded as he saw Nandini handing back Mannat to him.

Manik and Mannat both were baffled by her behavior. "Nandu...?", Manik asked in a low voice and tried hard to get what was happening.

"It's Nandini.", she said and this shocked Manik as to why she was being so cold.

"Can you tell me what is wrong, so that I can understand the situa.......?", Manik asked.

"Just leave,", Nandini cut him off and closed the door leaving Manik and Mannat outside.

By now tears had formed in Mannat's eyes and it was just a matter of time before she burst out crying.

Manik saw his life crying and he never expected Nandini would hurt her. He trusted her. He quickly wiped her tears and said," Pumpkin don't worry. Nan will be okay. She is just angry over dadda."

"Whyl?", Mannat asked between her sobs.

"Don't know. But will find out. And dadda needs his princess to stay with granny so that he can cool down Nandu. Will my Manni do so?", Manik asked as he wiped the final tears.

Mannat bobbed her head. Manik picked her up and went to his car. He glanced up at her window but found no one. He hung his head in disappointment.

Manik dropped off Mannat with Nyonika. And took to the wheel driving towards Nandini's home.

Whatever happens Nandini, I can't leave you unless I know the reason. I will sort all of this and I know I can.

Manik thought as he drove to her home.

Here goes another part and you will probably get another update by evening. So double update. Yipee!

And I need lots of comments, criticism, votes........ So start voting and commenting.

And if possible do read my other work
Manan- Its not meant to be.

And forgive me for the mistakes.
Till then happy reading.