Chapter 21

Manik reached Nandini's home. And again pressed the door bell.
He was losing his calmness with every passing minute. A fear of losing Nandini haunted him.

He barely knew when she had become so important in his life and he got so attached to her that her cold behavior earlier left him in a shattered state.

All he wanted now is to find out what had actually happened and to make it right again. He had already lost a lot and he cannot lose anymore.

He knocked again but no response. He then turned the knob and found it open. He pushed open the door to find an empty hall. He entered and closed the door. He walked through the dining space and looked into the rooms downstairs hoping to find either Nandini or Rishab but he found it to be empty.

Maybe Rishab had left for a bar as he took to the stairs to head towards Nandini's room.

Mean while Nandini had cuddled with her pillow on the bed and was crying like a baby. She wanted badly to forgive Manik and go back to him, but somewhere she felt stuck. And the way he asked what was wrong added to her pain. As if he didn't knew. He hurts her and then acts as if nothing happened.

As she sobbed she felt a warm touch on her shoulders. She immediately found Manik standing behind her. She jerked away from him and asked," Why are you here, Manik?"

"Nandini.... I don't know why are you behaving like this but I am sorry if I hurt you...", he pleaded.

"Why are acting all innocent. If you don't feel anything for me and you want to ignore me, its fine..... You don't need to hang around me. And don't worry about Mannat she would forget me easily with time.", Nandini spoke as tears flowed down her eyes.

Manik could no longer see her crying, so he came and kneeled in front of her. He took his thumb to her cheeks and wiped the tears," Nandini.... Just tell me. I swear I have no idea what's wrong. And ignoring. Really I have been calling you since yesterday and why the hell on earth will I ignore you......", he tried to reason with her.

"I don't know what happened at the party that night as I was drunk. But I woke beside you and I wanted to discuss the things with you. I waited for you to call but you didn't. I tried to contact you too but you just ignored me. And I got that the reason behind your ignorance was that you didn't want to take our relationship to another level as you felt nothing for me.......", she sobbed.

"And Manik I am sorry for being so close with you as I thought you liked having me around. But I promise I will move away. You don't need to worry about it.", Nandini spoke in one go.

Manik just sat in front of her hearing each of her words as he figured what a little misunderstanding had landed them into.

Manik had no idea Nandini was also with him the whole night. He remembered asking her to join with him but he never anticipated that she would get drunk too. They may have fallen asleep with each other in that hotel room.

Next morning Nandini woke up with Manik in bed. It was her first hangover and it was bound to leave her in a hazed state. Moreover all the drinking, Soha, Manik all added negative vibes to her thoughts. Altogether everything got messed up.

Manik now got the real reason behind Nandini's cold behavior. She thought that Manik didn't appreciate her closeness and she feared that it may separate them.

Manik understood how hurt she was and the only way he felt he could bring things to normal was by making her believe that Manik never felt sorry for being with her, for spending time with her, for touching her, in fact he was thankful to his stars for this.

Manik faced her and placed his index finger under her chin and pulled her face up. She was still sobbing and it hurt him.

He slowly kissed away her tears and then he leaned further to bring their lips closer.

As their lips were millimeters away Manik whispered," Nandini that night we were drunk but nothing happened, and even if something would have happened I would have never regretted.

I know you are hurt and my words won't leave a mark, so I need to show you how much I love being with you. I know it may seem that we are going fast but I don't want any misunderstanding between us and I won't force you too. So stop me when you feel its too much", as he reduced the gap between their lips to zero.

A current passed through both their bodies as their lips touched. Manik kissed her slowly putting all the passion and love in the kiss.

Nandini was shocked at Manik's sudden approach but she knew somewhere deep down she needed it.
She too started responding with equal fervour. Their lips played against one another in proper sync as if they were meant to dance with each other.

Manik broke the kiss and looked at Nandini. He could see that she too needed it and took her for another kiss. This time it was harsher.

He picked her up and placed her on the bed. He started leaving trail of kisses from her neck to her shoulders while Nandini moaned his name.

Soon their clothes were on the floor as Manik made love with her.

After they were done Manik gathered a tired Nandini in his arms and kissed her hairs. He stared into her eyes and said," I can never regret being with you, Nandu.", honesty and sincerity filled in his voice.

"Now, I know", Nandini smiled as she sealed her lips with his.

Truthfully I don't know what I wrote.
I tried to clear the things and hope you guys get it.
And feel free to share your views. I am open to suggestions.

And as promised I gave a double update.

Do vote and comment.

And if possible give a read to my other work
Manan-Its not meant to be.

Happy reading.