Chapter 17

Manik was busy on his laptop as he shuffled through his business mails. Suddenly a reminder popped on his screen.

It was for the business party that he had to attend today. "Shit, how could I forget about this.", Manik groaned staring at his screen.

It has been 3 months since his divorce with Soha and froonwardsonwards he avoided such parties and meetings as he knew he would have to face many questions.

But this meeting was an important one for him as many of his clients would be attending this party. So he reluctantly decided to go.

It was 7 o'clock. Manik was putting on the black blazer over the maroon shirt. He set his perfectly gelled hair and glanced himself on the mirror. He was looking extremely alluring and hot.

Manik picked up the watch and placed it on his wrist. He then picked up his phone and flipped it open to check for messages.

He saw there was 2 missed calls from Nandini. He wondered that he may have missed them while working. He instantly dialled her number.

"Manik, I called you twice, where were you?", Nandini asked not even giving Manik a chance to speak.

"I was working, Nandu. Sorry. Btw was it anything important?", Manik asked.

"Manik I was thinking why don't we go for dinner together at the Chinese restaurant.", Nandini asked in an enthusiastic voice.

It had turned into a completely natural thing for the trio to hang around with each other. Most of the days Manik, Mannat and Nandini would have dinner or lunch together. Or at times they spent time at the park or cafe.
They had truly build up an unbreakable bond among them. They symbolised one happy family.

"Actually Nandini today we cannot go for it. I have a business party to attend and I also have sent Mannat to mom cause I didn't know that you are free.", Manik replied.

"Oh.", Nandini's voice fell.

Manik cursed the party but an idea struck him.

"Nandini why don't you join me for the party as my date. Even I was also not feeling comfortable going to the party alone.", Manik asked.

"Manik, no. I cannot go to some random business party.", Nandini said.

But after some more coaxing Manik finally made Nandini say yes.

"Okay. Get ready I will pick you up in an hour.", Manik said before hanging up.

---------------------------- -------------------------

Manik reached at Nandini's house and rang the bell. It was a small 2 storey building with a small garden at the back. It clearly showed that they were not so well to do. And it would be cause after Nancy's death Rishab had given up his job and spent most of his time in drinking. Nandini had taken up a job at one of the bookstores and she managed it along with her newly taken medical courses.

Manik had tried to help her financial but every time she had denied saying," I don't need the money,Manik. I can earn it. I just need someone to support me and I am more than happy to have you." And Manik could never argue with her over this.

Rishab opened the door with a beer bottle and found Manik in his ever handsome form.

"Nandu your date is here.", he shouted and a smile appeared on his face.

"Come inside she will be taking much more time to get prepared.", Rishab invited Manik.

"No its fine. If I enter she would take more time knowing that I am not standing outside.", Manik replied with a grin.

"Good. Am impressed that you solved the puzzle so smoothly.", Rishab spoke while Manik gave him a questioning look as to which puzzle Rishab was talking about.

"The puzzle that is preparing herself for the party. You seem to know her inside out.", Rishab clarified.

"Just some close observations and you can understand her, she is not so difficult.", Manik replied.

"May be not to you.....", Rishab was stopped by the arrival of Nandini.

Nandini wore a long red one piece that was tightly wrapped around her frame showing her perfect curves. The dress had a long slit at it's right side that ended up to her thighs showing her well toned legs.

The golden brown locks were lightly placed on her shoulders  and her milky white face along with the light makeup made her look mesmerizing.

Manik was lost in admiring her beauty when his trance was broken by a mild cough from Rishab.

"Easy gentleman.", Rishab said leaving the two.

"How am I looking,", Nandini asked in a low voice.

"Amazing....", Manik replied. And a red hue crept on Nandini's cheeks.

"So, shall we go?", Manik asked forwarding his hand.

Nandini placed her hands in his and the duo marched towards the car.

Here goes another part. Enjoy the update.

Hope you guys like it.

Now vote and comment a lot. Am waiting for the response. Would love to hear it from you guys.

And from tomorrow I am going on a school trip so may not be able to update regularly.

Advance sorry for it. Hope you guys understand.

Till then happy reading.