Chapter 35

Dedicated to

@Sov_ky2
@parni2015
@Ishu_1003

Ty for the support.

------------------------------------------------------

"What", Nandini shouted shocked to hear what Manik said.

"I am fine.....", Manik added lowly.

"No you are not. And what the hell were you doing with Bhai?", Nandini asked him trying to keep her anger down.

"Okay we talk later. First we need to see your wounds", Nyonika came forward and held Manik's arm and he winced in pain.

Nandini's anger vanished and was replaced by complete concern for him. She gently pulled him to the counter and asked," Sit there." Pointing to a stool.

"Aunty.... Can you please hand me some water and a cloth.", Nandini asked Nyonika and turned towards Manik's back.

Soon Nyonika came with a bowl of water and a cloth and placed them on the counter.

"So I guess Nandini you can handle it now. I think you two need to talk, so I will just go and check Mannat", and Nyonika left the two alone.

Nandini dabbed the cloth in water and then gently cleaned the wounds on Manik's back and arms.

There were glass pieces stuck in some part and Nandini picked them out and every time Manik hissed with pain. Nandini very carefully dressed all the wounds. She did the work without saying a single word. While Manik too remained silent.

After she was done, Nandini left and headed to the bedroom without talking to Manik. Manik got up to follow her thinking that she was angry but soon she came back with a fresh shirt. Nandini helped Manik wear it up, and tried not to cause too much pain. Once they were done, Nandini came in front of Manik and stood there staring at him.

Manik looked up at her and said," Are you angry?"

"Yes."

"But I can explain.....", Manik tried but Nandini cut him off.

"Explain, really.... Manik. Just tell me what you were doing there.", Nandini asked him angrily.

"I didn't want to. Rishab called okay. And I got worried that maybe he was not well.....", Manik tried to explain.

"Worried? You are worried about him after you saw what he did to me....", Nandini spoke.

"I just didn't want him to get hurt or so, that's why went to check.."

"So, by the cuts and all I don't think you just talked.", Nandini replied curtly.

"We started talking, but he got too angry and threw a bottle at me. In order to escape it I slipped on the floor and landed on the glass pieces. I just left after that.....", Manik narrated the incident.

Nandini's eyes softened as she saw how much Manik loves her. First he was worried about her brother even after knowing how he was and then he just took all the pain but never fought back knowing that it would hurt her too.

She came up to him and took him in a hug and kissed him on his chest.

"Couldn't you just inform me..... About this. When I saw you in that shape, I got so scared.", she mumbled against his chest.

"I am sorry...... I won't do it again.", Manik said

"Hmm. The next time you pull such a stupid trick on me, and you are so gone, Mr Malhotra.", Nandini threatened.

Manik laughed and kissed her hairs and replied," Not even in my dreams am I going to do that again."

They stayed in each others embrace just feeling each others presence and finding peace in it.

"Nandu why are you not picking up his calls.", Manik asked softly.

Nandini backed a little to look at him and asked," Whose calls?"

"Rishab. He said he had been calling you.", Manik spoke.

Nandini broke away from him and her anger was back," Manik why are you defending him. Of course I won't take his calls. Not after what he did to me."

"But you know that he did that as he was angry, and not in his right mind. He would never hurt you intensionally.", Manik tried to make his point.

"I can't believe it. You are taking his side. Manik he hit me. He raised his hands against me. He could have hurt the baby......", Nandini rushed the words out and stared at Manik.....

She waited for him to take back his words so that they won't end up fighting, but Manik just stared back at her. Now it was enough for her.

"Manik, last time I remember you wanted to rip his head off, and now you are standing here fighting with me. What made you switch sides huh?", Nandini asked.

"Nandini, I am not fighting. I just saw his state today and he was all shattered. I am just asking you to forgive him and he won't do it again. As simple as that......", Manik replied.

"I can't help him. He needs to help himself, and as far as repeating his deeds, if he would have been sorry, he won't hurt you.", Nandini said proving her point.

"Nandini all I am saying is that our loved ones may hurt us..... But we need to be beside them and forgive them. Just like I was hurt when you left me, I was angry on you, but I understood your point and stood by you. Forgave you. That's what we need to do......... That's what I feel, the rest is your decision.", Manik said and ran his hands through his hairs.

Nandini kept looking at him not getting, where he finally headed to with the discussion. So it was all her. He wanted to prove his point. He dragged everything up to this. Up to Rishab it was within her limit, but now no.

She angrily left Manik and went to their room, she picked up her bag and within the next second, she was out of the apartment. Before Manik could get her she had already gone out.

Manik rushed out of the apartment but she was already in the lift. Manik ran as fast as he could down the stairs. He knew she got angry and hurt and that he had mentioned the wrong words. He cursed himself from bringing up the topic.

Manik dashed through the stairs and as he reached the ground floor he saw the lift was already there but there was no sign of Nandini.

He ran out of the apartment hoping to catch up with Nandini but he was too late.

In the middle of the street she was lying, in a pool of blood.

And the only thought that lingered in his mind was......

Did he lost them both....... Nandini........and his Son........

Another update. Hope you enjoy it.

Please do comment and vote.

Till then happy reading.

MANAN--In a different worldजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें