Chapter 38

Nandini was sitting in the hall with Mannat on the couch. Mannat was completely engrossed into the cartoons and Nandini was busy feeding her dinner.

It was easier to feed her this way and since Nandini now had a larger tummy, it was really difficult for her to run around behind Mannat with the food. And it was just three weeks since the accident so the doctor had recommended her to be safe.

Though Manik usually did the job of feeding Mannat as his princess showed a lot less tantrums when her daddy dear fed her, but today Manik had go out for one important meeting. So Nandini had to take up the job.

It was already 7:30 pm and by now Manik should have returned back.

"Mannat one last time, baby.....", Nandini called Mannat trying to face her towards the spoon.

She somehow pushed the spoon inside her mouth as Mannat filled her mouth with the morsel and chewed it in an infinitely slow pace and continued to watch the cartoons.

Nandini gathered up the dishes and made her way to the kitchen to place them on the sink. As she came out, she saw Manik entering through the door.

Nandini greeted her with a smile and Manik took her into a hug.

Manik immediately took her into a hug. Nandini readily went into his protective arms resting her head over his chest, listening to his heart beats.

The baby moved inside her and they broke apart as Nandini's hand fell on her large tummy.

"So how's my buddy today", Manik asked leaning forward as if he was talking to his son.

"Missing daddy", Nandini replied.

"Just like mommy?", Manik asked with a naughty grin as he straightened up. He then moved closer to Nandini and leaned towards her and as he placed his lips on her, a shout interrupted them......

"Daddy...!?", Mannat was standing on the couch looking at their direction.

Manik moved back with a weird expression, as if he was caught red handed, while Nandini could not hide her smile seeing Manik.

"Manni, what are you doing on the couch?", Manik asked hoping that Mannat had not witnessed anything.

"Daddy isg homeeee", she shouted and hopped down with a big smile on her face and raced up to her daddy.

Manik instantly picked her up in his arms and pecked her cheeks, obviously happy that he was still safe.

He gave Nandini a foolish smile and a wink as he treaded back to the couch.

He settled on there while Mannat narrated her day long activities to Manik and he being a patient listener heard everything she spoke.

Nandini collected his watch and bag from the table and headed to his office to keep them. She wanted Manik to spent time with her daughter as now a days he was too busy with Nandini, Ishq and work that somewhere she felt that his time for Mannat was reducing.

Nandini kept his bag on his office table and opened the drawer to keep his watch. She placed it and as she about to close the drawer a blue velvet box caught her attention. She out of curiosity took it out and opened it.

A small platinum ring with a N shaped diamond attached on it was in the box.

"Nandini?", Manik called and as she turned to face him, Manik saw the ring box in her hand. He was shocked to see it in her hands.

Manik moved to her and took the box from her hand and the next moment Nandini saw him kneeling in front of her on one leg. She gasped knowing what is going to happen.

Manik ignored her shocked expression and looked straight into Nandini's eyes and began,

"I wanted to do this in a more better way, in a more perfect way, but since now you have found out....I don't see any reason behind not doing it now.

Nandini I know it may seem a little fast, since it had been just 3 weeks since we had crossed paths..... After our break up. But I just want to say that it really doesn't matter.....ever since the first day I saw you I knew you are different you are real. Every moment I am near you, each second that I spend with you makes my world complete. Each time I kiss you I want more............. You brought light and hope into my life when there was just darkness..... You made me stand back when the world had pushed me down. You make my daughter happy and I now that you love her beyond limits. When she is with you, I know she is safe...... Each night I fall asleep with you in my arms I just don't wish for anything more.

Last time you left me, there was not a single moment that I had not missed you. But I stayed away thinking that you needed space. You .....you make me feel like a love sick boy who just wish to have you in his arms.

Nandini I want to share all the moments of my life with you. I want to wake up with you, stay with you, and fall asleep with you.

All I want is you. Because I am madly, truely, hopelessly, sincerely in love with you, Nandini.

I love you.

So Ms Nandini Murthy, would you make me the happiest man living on this earth, by accepting me as your partner in life?"

Nandini just looked at him with tears in her eyes. She knew Manik loves her, even beyond what she deserves. She knew it was him for her. And she would want nothing more than to spend the rest of her life with Manik.

So without wasting any more time Nandini replied,"Yes..... Yes I will marry you."

Okay, I am sorry in advance. I know this is the most unromantic Manan proposal you ever got without candles and roses. Sorry for it. But I actually wanted to do something different........

Do tell whether you like it or not....

Till then happy reading.