Chapter 33

Dedicated to @Moumi009 and @thegirlinpinksocks ....... Love you guys

------------------------------------------------------

"Daddy..... Nandu....", Mannat came running with a book in her hands towards Manik and Nandini. They both straightened themselves, Manik moved back as Mannat climbed on her father.

She handed the book to Nandini and spoke," Shee this..... Daddy reads to me flom here. Now he will read to both me and my brolter." And smiled looking at her future brother.

Manik and Nandini beamed at Mannat's amusement. She really was super happy with her coming brother, and the fact that he will be little like her amused her further.

"So when is your classes?", Manik asked Nandini.

"Ah... I don't have any today. But I have work at 3", Nandini replied.

"Come on you don't need to work. Not now, in this condition.", Manik looked at her.

"Manik, I asked the doctor. It won't have any effect on the baby. And I will back off once she tells me.", Nandini replied calmly.

"Its not about the baby. Its about you. It will be too much for you to work.", Manik said concerned.

Nandini smiled at his concern. She indeed missed this cute caring Manik of her, who was always trying to look after her, protect her.

"Manik I survived this long. And I promise I will stop once I feel it to be much", and planted a kiss on his cheek.

Manik smiled foolishly.

"Moreover we have the entire morning to ourselves.", Nandini said with a smile.

Mannat who was busy in her book suddenly looked up at them and said," Can we watch cartoons?" And her idea made both Manik and Nandini burst out into laughter.

Mannat's face made a sad pout as the grown ups laughed at her.
"I will nol talk to you," and she turned her face crossing her arms at her chest like her father.

"Oh baby, I am shoo sorry..... Okay we will watch cartoons", Nandini took Manni in her lap.

"But daddy isg bad. He did ha ha to me...", And Manni buried her head in Nandini's chest.

Manik now controlled his laugh knowing his princess was sad.
"Oh pumpkin. Daddy is shoory too", Manik said.

But Mannat didn't not leave her shelter in Nandini's chest. "No... Hold youl ears", Mannat told and briefly looked at her dad for seeing his action.

"Ah...this is cheating na.... Nandu didn't need to do it.", Manik behaved like a kid.

"Because I am better", Nandini giggled.

"Yesh....you have to do it.", Mannat tried to deepen her voice but failed miserably.

Manik raised his hand in defeat and replied," Can't beat you in that. You are way better." And he winked at Nandini.

"Chi... Daddy....bad mannels", of course the wink was noticed by the little one.

Nandini stifled her laugh watching Manik get scolding from his daughter.

"Sorry", he added sheepishly and held his ears.

"Is it done now.", Manik asked.

Mannat nodded a no. "Why sweety?", Manik asked.

"Forl thes too", Mannat said and tried to copy Manik's wink closing half her eye.

Both would have ended up on the floor laughing seeing Mannat's actions...... But they controlled not wanting to piss her off.

"Okay pumpkin. Last time", and Manik held his ears for a second time ending the punishment.

The trio headed to the couch. Manik switched on the screen as they settled there. Nandini rested her head on Manik's shoulder and Mannat sat on Nandini's lap. Manik silently played with Nandini's hair pecking her now and then.

Nandini was loving to have Manik by her side again. She desperately needed him, and now that they are together, Nandini won't let him go. She felt relaxed and safe in his arms.

As time passed, both the girls had fallen asleep. Nandini had cuddled against Manik's chest while Mannat had snuggled close to Nandini.

Manik lowered the volume and stared at his two angels. It was a lovely sight for him. It was months since he had both of them in his arms. Manik wanted to live like this forever. He never wanted his angels, his stars to leave him....ever.

Manik admired the serene beauty and peace that was evident on their faces. There was no worry, no fear....... Cause they were resting in his arms, he would never let the world hurt them. He will do anything to protect them. And the little man that was soon to come would add more perfection to this imperfectly perfect family.

Manik leaned to plant a kiss on his pumpkin, and as he moved to Nandini to give her share, he closely observed her. Her erethral beauty never failed to amaze him. She radiated light, happiness everywhere she goes, yet she had so much darkness in her own self.

Manik knew inside she was shattered, but she never showed. She laughed and smiled and just acted like nothing happened. But he knew it troubled her a lot. Her night mares being the evidence.

But he is happy that at least she is letting him calm her down. Letting him inside her walls, that she had built to push him away.

Manik knew in his heart that she loves her more than anyone would ever have. Its just she didn't show. And it was okay, as he was ready to give her the time, she needed. He always had and always will.

But Manik knew when the walls will finally break, all the wait will be worth it. He had experienced it before everything had turned upside down and he was ready to wait as long as she wants to get there......even if it meant a forever.

So here is goes another one.

Few things I need to clear out,

1. Some of you guys are asking me to remove Mannat for a while to give Manan some alone time. But some others had asked me to keep Mannat. So please do tell me what you guys want and I would post the updates according to the majority wishes.

2. Do you guys want me to end the ff in a few more updates by quickening things up or you want me to go slow. Please do tell me. Cause I don't know if you people are feeling bored with it or not.

Do tell me your views.

And drop your lovely comments and votes.

Till then happy reading.