Chapter 18

Manik and Nandini reached the venue, Manik parked the car and then the duo entered into the party.

Nandini placed her hands on Manik's arms as he led her into the party. The party was filled up with business tycoons, company owners. Many of them of them approached the duo in order to talk with Manik.

Nandini had never seen Manik with his office delegates but she knew he was committed to his job. Here she saw for the first time the arrogant angry young business icon Manik Malhotra.

Manik exchanged some formal talks and nods with some of his acquaintances while Nandini just stood with him having a smile plastered on her face.

Though some of the clients eyed her suspiciously they were unable to ask further because of the glare were greeted with from none other than Manik.

Nandini stared at the surroundings and was amazed with the arrangement. She had been to several parties but most of them were friendly ones never to such aristocratic ones. She was having a new experience, though it was nice but she felt out of place and a little later was feeling bored.

But she stayed with Manik waiting patiently as he attended others. When they were finally free from others Manik turned towards Nandini and spike in an uninterested tone,"Huff, they talk so much.....".

"You maybe silent here, but I guess they don't know what a talker you yourself are...", Nandini mocked him.

"I don't share myself to everyone,", Manik said.

"Oh... So why do I get the pleasure of seeing the real Manik,", Nandini asked trying to be innocent but a small smile leaked through her lips.

Manik knew she was playing with him and he wondered why he loved being played by her. He got along with her and leaned towards her. He took his lips near her ears their cheeks brushing against each other and whispered," As if you are not aware of the reason, Ms Murthy."

Nandini flushed at the proximity and the intensity of Manik's voice left shivers through her body. Yet she calmed herself and replied," I don't know, what reason you are talking about."

Manik smirked and thought to himself this is why I am so impressed with you Nandini. You just never turn me down. Every time I am greeted with a stronger and braver version of yours.
"You sure,Nandini," Manik drew back to look into her eyes.

Nandini stared into the deep ocean of emotions that was reflected in Manik's eyes. She was lost in his charm and unknowingly she nodded a yes.

"Okay, I think I need to show you then.", saying this Manik leaned forward, Nandini could feel his warm breathe on her face. Their lips were just inches away. Nandini waited for it and closed her eyes in anticipation.

Manik leaned further to reduce the gap but he slightly turned his head so that his lips touch her cheeks lightly and said," Cause I know that I can trust my true self with you,Nandu.".

As Manik straightened himself, Nandini blushed to infinity her cheeks matching the colour of her dress.

"Want to have something?", Manik asked trying to make her comfortable.

"I don't think a drink would hurt", Nandini spoke.

"Really, you sure the sun rose from east today.", Manik asked surprised.

"Huh?", Nandini couldn't catch his words.

"No I was just wondering why Nandini wants a drink today.", Manik asked.

"Manik are you coming or not," Nandini moved towards the bar leaving Manik behind.

Manik was amazed at her behavior but followed her.

"So what do you want,", Manik asked.

"A glass of...", Nandini thought.

"I may suggest that you have something containing low alcohol.", Manik suggested.

"Ah Manik I want to have a glass of water, completely alcohol free.", Nandini replied showing one of her cute babyish smile.

Manik just couldn't help but laugh at her actions. He then told her to wait and went to bring to glass of water;-).

Nandini stayed at the bar and leaned on one of the tables. She was looking hot and irresistible. Several men were throwing glances and stares at her. Nandini cared nothing about them as she knew none would dare to make a pass at her knowing with whom she was here.

She took out phone to check for calls when she was greeted by a male voice," Hey, beautiful."

Nandini looked up from her phone to find a young man in front of her. "Yes," she replied.

"May I buy you a drink," he asked checking her out from toe to head and licked his lips.

Nandini sensed his evil intention and said "No thanks."

"Oh come on. What are you going to do alone.", he asked as he came a step further towards her.

"I have my boyfriend here. He has went to get me drinks.", Nandini stated angrily.

"He may be a douche bag to leave a pretty woman like this.", and took another step just to stand in front of her.

Nandini was scared now and looked over the man's shoulder to find Manik standing near the dance floor with 2 glasses of water staring at the stage.

Nandini excused herself forcibly and went towards Manik. She reached there but Manik kept staring ahead. Nandini to turned her gaze and found Soha kissing some random guy.

Nandini at once understood Manik's state of mind. She pulled Manik's arm and dragged him towards the balcony. It was relatively deserted.

Both of them stood in silence. Nandini in order to break the silence called gently," Manik!".

"Can we have a drink?", Manik asked looking ahead at no where, the pain of betrayal evident in his voice.

Nandini couldn't deny him and went to the bar with him. And soon both of them were gulping down the drinks.....one....two...three....

---------------------- -------------------------------

Nandini woke due to the sun rays that were falling on her face. But she closed her eyes in pain as she felt a throbbing pain in her head. Somehow she held her head and opened her eyes to get the most unexpected view in front of her.

Manik was sleeping beside her holding her by her waist and a horrid thought ran through her mind as she stared at Manik....trying to figure what had happened last night.

So here goes another part. And thanks to all the lovely readers for their votes and comments.

So enjoy the update and don't forget to vote and leave your comments. Forgive me for the mistakes.

Till then happy reading.