Chapter 22

Nandini woke up to the most beautiful morning of her life. She felt happy, she felt content and more than anything she felt complete.

She looked at the sleeping man beside her and she laughed to herself as just one day back when she woke up to the same scene she was afraid to lose him. But today she knew that they are bounded together more strongly than ever.

She silently admired the sight in front of her when Manik stirred.
He slowly opened his eyes to find his angel in his arms smiling at him.

He pecked her forehead and was going to place his lips on her when they heard a knock on the door.

"Nandu.....", Rishab called from outside.

Nandini in fear pushed Manik and he landed on the floor. "Oww", he whispered rubbing his back and rolled his eyes at Nandini.
Nandini gave a silent sorry holding her ears and took her clothes rushed to the washroom.

She came out to find Manik again on the bed leaning against the headrest. "Manik why haven't you dressed yet.. You need to leave before Bhai finds out.....", Nandini muttered.

"Why, your Bhai is a fan of mine. He would be so happy to see that we are together.", and slid his hands on her waist.

Nandini tried to move him away when Rishab spoke from outside," Nandu I am waiting for the last 10min. What are you busy in........huh? I am coming in....", and as the door knob moved, Nandini jumped on the bed covering Manik with the duvet throwing her pillow on his face and sitting over him.

Rishab entered and saw Nandini on bed in somewhat weird state. He saw that she was sitting on a bump on the bed. "Nandini what are you sitting over....", he asked.

Nandini settled herself over Manik and pulled the covers properly trying to hide the Monster and said," Wohh.. Bbhai you barged in so I had to hide my girly stuffs....", and tried to give a fake shy smile.

Now it was Rishab's turn to feel awkward, "Oh... I thought you were still sleeping so...I came. Uh I am waiting for you downstairs.", and he left closing the door behind.

"I will be there within 5", Nandini replied and let out a sigh.

"Nandini maybe you don't know but you are heavy girl," A sound from under the duvet came, and Nandini realised she was sitting on Manik.

She got out of her bed and Manik threw the pillow away and sat on the bed. Nandini handed him his clothes," Manik get ready quickly. I will sneak you out. Fast..." And she went to the door when Manik began," Nandu...", but he was cut off by Nandini,     "Get ready now and leave if you don't want this to be your last morning in my house.".

Manik immediately shut his mouth and started wearing his vest and shirt and Nandini went downstairs to tackle Rishab.

"Bhai?", she called.

"In here....", Rishab's voice cane from the dining hall which was just by the passage and Nandini needed him to shift him to some room in the interior so that Manik can leave without being caught.

Nandini entered holding her head in her hands. Rishab looked at her and asked," Are you okay Nandu?", concerned.

"No Bhai I am having a headache...", Nandini exclaimed faking a frown.

"Headache?? But you rarely have cold or so...", Rishab asked as in reality Nandini seldom suffered from such health problems.

"Its not cold Bhai..... I had a drink from the fridge mistaking it for juice.... And I got a hangover....", Nandini lied and was in loss for words.

"What? But I don't keep drinks in the fridge.....", Rishab looked at Nandini skeptically as he found her staring at the passage. "Nandu..."

"Ahh....", Nandini shouted suddenly and Rishab was taken aback by her behaviour and came by her side, his back facing the passage.

Manik taking this as an opportunity tried to move. He came somewhere to the middle when he saw Rishab turn towards the passage and he froze in his place.

"Let me get some aspirin it will ease the pain," Rishab said and turned to get it when Nandini held his hand and turned him back and shouted ," No!!"

Manik thanked Nandini for her no and rushed out of the remaining passage in one go. Nandini heard the click of the outer door and she left Rishab's hand as suddenly as she had held it and spoke," Okay I need it."

Rishab was completely shocked at Nandini's behaviour but he left to get the medicine box muttering something under his breath.

Nandini finally relaxed having being able to successfully throw out Manik without her Bhai knowing.

She went to the kitchen to get herself a cup of coffee forgetting the fact that she was having a headache.

Meanwhile Rishab came back to the hall to find it empty. He moved towards the kitchen to find Nandini standing at the counter stirring her coffee.
"Nandu, I think you are really sick and you need something more than just aspirin.", Rishab spoke.

"Wohh Bhai I wanted coffee", she stammered and Rishab just stated at her in disbelief. Nandini wasted no more time as she knew she would spill the beans out soon enough. She took her coffee and the pills from Rishab and headed straight to her room leaving a stunned Rishab.

Nandini entered her room and closed the door. She let out a sigh and placed her cup on the table when she saw a note beside the pen stand.

Missing me .... Well don't. I am going to pick up my first baby(Manni) then I will come back to pick up my second baby(its you) and then we three will go for breakfast. So stop smiling and blushing and get ready fast........
- Your Monster.

Nandini smiled like a fool staring at the note thinking how life changes withing fraction of seconds and hoped that she never loses Her Monster....only Hers......

Enjoy the update.
Hope you like it.
And do comment a lot.
I love to read your views.....

Till then happy reading.

My works:
Manan-In a different world.
Manan-Its not meant to be.