Chapter 2

Dedicated to chand28

As Nandini flipped through the memory album of her and her brother and Nancy( Rishab's wife) tears dripped through her eyelashes. All she could think of was the disease that had taken Nancy away from them.

Nandini had lost her parents at a very early stage and her only family was her brother until Nancy came. Nancy took care of Nandini like her won sister and so she loved Nancy like anything. So after Nancy died Nandini decided to give up her dream of becoming a singer and to take up the medical profession.

She believed that she could relieve people from the pain that she and her brother are going through and will try to fight against cancer.

She swallowed hard as tears came streaming down her eyes. She bit her lip to keep the sound of the sobs from echoing in the darkness of the room. She pulled back her tears and let out a breath pass out her lips in an attempt to calm herself down. Show combed her hands across her hair as she regained the strength that she had lost.

It was already half past eight and by bow her brother should be back and would be lying downstairs. This had been the routine since a few months. Rishab would move out in the afternoon would visit some bar and spend his evening there and would return home drunk. Or he could send message to Nandini for picking him up.

Nandini wiped the last tears as she reached the last stair and entered the hall to check upon her brother. He was nowhere to be found. The kitchen the bedroom the bathroom all were vacant. Nandini reached the table to check her phone for messages. But alas there was none. Now she was getting worried as to what may have happened to Rishab.

As she was going to dial his number the phone ringed with Rishab's caller ID. Nandini quickly picked it up;

N: Bhai.!!

M: No. But I am with your brother at a bar. I take it that you are Nandini.

N: Is he alright.

M: Yeah. He just hit his head at the edge of the table. We tried to take him to the hospital but he denied and asked to call you.....so here we are.

N: That's him. So in which bar are you?

M: The Nights Out.

N: What? Which bar?
Nandini being unaware of bars here in Newyork could not understand the place the man was talking about.

M: Its a place off the NorthEast corner of the 38th and Reign.We may take him to the hospital or call the paramedics here if you say.

N: He won't let you move him. I will be there in 20. Just apply some ice or so to his head. I will pay for it once I reach there.

Nandini first missed the bar as she passed of the corner. But finally as she parked her car she wondered how will she carry her brother out of the bar. She entered into the bar preparing her apologies. Little did she knew what she is going to face.

Manik was telling the bartender that he is going to wait for Nandini in case she would find it difficult to reach there. Nandini froze in a moment of disbelief seeing Manik. He turned to her face his bright eyes meeting hers the second he saw her and smiled," So found your way out?"

N: Yeah. Slightly awestruck.

She then shook off her uneasiness and asked

N: So where is he?

M: Right this way , and swinged his hands gesturing towards the open booth.
Nandini walked past him and Manik followed her. Nandini entered the booth to find a wounded and drunk Rishab.

N: Bhai?? What were you up to? Huh??

R: Just drank a little too much I think.

N: Yeah I can see. Nandini's anger had turned into pity seeing her ever cheerful brother in such a state.

R: Sorry for troubling you again, Nandu.

N: Its okay,Bhai. So why don't we go and take care of this wound?
Rishab nodded like an obedient boy and tried to stand up but failed. Manik came to their rescue and helped Nandini.
Nandini knew it was not possible for her to pick him up so she didn't argue further and thanked him.
As they were walking Rishab began,
R: You are a very good boy, Manik.

M: Thank you sir.

R: Nandu you should find a boy like him. Always helping. Plenty of self control.

N:Bhai. Nandini scolded him. But he continued.

R: He is a little older than you but thats not gonna matter much you know.

N:BAHI.. This time a little irritated.

R: What?

M: Its okay. I don't mind being talked to such a beautiful girl as yourself.

Nandini blushed at his comment.

R: Mind your words boy...you have a wife at home.

N: You are married!?
Nandini's POV

I didn't knew that he was married not that I knew him well. I knew that he is a charmer playboy. He lived his life in page 6. He was too handsome and was now the leading business tycoon here in Newyork just at the age of 22 and that he was from India. That's it.

End

M: Yes. For almost 2 years.

And all Nandini could think of is that 20 is pretty early to get married.........

Done with the second part too. Please please do vote and comment. The show ended but I couldn't get this two out of my mind so decided to write this ff. Hope it has something new for you to read. Please do tell me what you think of this ff.
Enjoy and happy reading. Sorry for the mistakes.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
With love,
Yours writer.