Chapter 42

The phone fell from her hands as she uttered "Manik......" And suddenly her knees couldn't bear anymore. The surroundings started to get blurry for her as she collapsed on the chair.

"Nandu", Rishab and Nyonika rushed to her side.

"What happened? Who called? Manik??", Nyonika asked her as she herself was getting worried.

"Nandini, speak up, please honey talk!", Rishab shook her shoulders.

But Nandini didn't even budge. She was numb, lifeless and was unable to understand anything.

She just stared blankly, as she felt Nyonika and Rishab talking to her. She looked at them but couldn't make out their words.

While Mannat was staring at them and when she couldn't understand she started wailing........" I want daddy......", and that took out Nandini from her world.

She needed to save Manik. It was the day they were going to be together forever. No one in this world can change this for them. Not even death. She would save her Manik, her love.

She took crying Mannat in the her arms and said," Manni we are soon going to find daddy.... Okay?"

"Isg he playing hide and seek with uhs", Mannat asked trying to get what was happening.

"Yes hon.... And Nandu will find him out.", Nandini replied kissing her cheeks.

"May I help", Mannat asked as she got excited with the game fact.

"Yes. And I need you to go with granny, till I find daddy out.", Nandini passed Mannat to Nyonika who looked at Nandini with questioning eyes.

"Nyonika I need you to handle the guests below. Manik had gotten in some trouble. I got the call from officers."

"Is he okay?", Nyonika asked not letting Nandini to finish.

"I don't know. Bhai please come with me. They need us there.", Nandini asked Rishab to accompany her.

"I'll come to.....", Nyonika spoke.

Nandini understood what was going through her. She was his mother after all. And she was suffering as much as Nandini.

"No..... We need to take care of the guests and there is Mannat too. It will be better if you stay her. I will inform you everything, once I reach the place.", Nandini said to Nyonika and gave her a small smile. But all she wanted to do was get her Manik back.

Nyonika nodded and left taking Mannat with her.

Nandini felt she could breakdown any moment. Tears were brimming in her eyes as she recalled the words.

Explosion.

Manik please be okay, she prayed as a few tears escaped her eyes.

Rishab immediately wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

"Nothing will happen. He will be fine. We should go to the place as soon as possible. So where did they call from?", Rishab asked.

Nandini wiped away the tears and spoke," They said his car was in some explosion. I didn't get the address. The phone fell before it. Oh no! Now what?"

Nandini looked at Rishab. She didn't get the address. Rishab sensed her panic, and in her pregnancy overstress can be harmful.

"Relax, Nandini...... Let's call the same number and see if we can contact them okay. Just don't stress. We need you to be okay.......", Rishab rubbed her back and made her seat on the chair as he took the phone and dialled the number.