Chapter 4

Dedicated to 2jasmine

When Manik reached the apartment he wandered inside only to find that Soha and his little princess were in deep slumber on the bed. Mannat was wearing her new clothes that was probably brought by Soha.

He kept his laptop on the table and reached the pair. He bent forward and picked up Mannat into his arms lightly trying not to disturb her sleep. He managed to take her up to her room without waking her up. As Manik placed his little angel in bed he lovingly looked at the only bundle of joy of his life.

The bright sky blue shirt and white jeans with tennis shoes and frilly socks looked gorgeous on his cuteipie.

Manik watched his daughter, her chest rising and falling as she breathed...her hands tucked under her head. Her dark curly hair were still up with floral pins and the rest was over her shoulder wildly untamed. She looked absolutely perfect.

Manik pulled the pink blanket over her after removing the shoes making sure that he was gentle and quite. He then brushed the hair from her face and whispered," I love you pumpkin. Sleep tight." And placed a light kiss on her forehead. Manik got up and walked out watching Mannat until the door was closed behind him.

Manik entered into the bedroom and found Soha lying in the same posture. He remembered the early evening talks and helplessly glanced at her once and left for his study after switching off the lights.

He changed into casuals and settled on the couch in his study. He nonchalantly opened a file and began browsing through its contents when his mind wandered to several other thoughts and unknowingly Manik was pulled back into his past. How amazing life had been and how it all changed in a night.

Manik always dreamed of becoming one of the best singers of the world. He had the gift of a beautiful and enchanting voice and his hard work and passion made him invincible. 

It was the night when he had finally achieved a remarkable success in his life. He had bagged the golden opportunity of cutting out a solo album with one of the most prestigious music group. He had never been so happy in his life. His parents had always wanted him to take up the business platform but he had never shown any interest to it and as usual his parents had blamed music for this. Manik now had the chance to show them his capabilities.

He reached home and banged open the door to fill his parents with the happy news but little did he knew what was waiting for him. He found that the house was quitter than usual. The lights were turned off and there was an uneasy eeriness all around. He called out for his mom and she responded from upstairs.

He reached there and saw that there was a man sitting with his parents in the hall. Manik saw a blank unfathomable emptiness in his father's face as he asked to join them.

Manik took his seat beside his mother and waited.

Manik froze as he listened to every word that his parents spoke. All his happiness and joy that he had earlier vanished in a second. All he could do was stare at the man sitting and think how can people do this.

Unable to deal with all the news he just got up and darted to his room closing the door a little loudly trying to vent out some of the frustration. He reached to the corner of the room and picked up his guitar and looked at it for the final time before crashing it against the wall......... ...........

Done with this too. Any guess what may have happened. Want to know then bless me with loads of votes and comments. Till then happy reading and keep enjoying.

.
.
.
.
.
.
With love,
Yours Smalley writer.