Chapter 10

Manik and Mannat reached home a little before noon. The way Mannat was bubbling with joy it was quite evident that she had thoroughly enjoyed herself. Manik was having a tough time holding her within his arms. But Manik too had a wonderful smile plastered on his face because of the young girl with whom his paths had crossed recently.

As the father daughter entered having joy written all over their faces, they were greeted by Soha. Mannat jumped out of Manik's arm and rushed to her mother. But seeing Soha Manik's smile vanished as he knew what's this will be ending with.

Soha took Manni in her lap and asked," Did my baby had a lot of fun with dad??", and pecked her cheeks.

Before Manik could reply Mannat's answer shooted in," Yeshh.... I dadda anl Nan Nan....did yippee yipee."

Soha looked at Manik and asked,"Nan?", but suddenly realised it was Nandini. It did its magic as Manik had thought. Soha placed Mannat on the couch and faced Manik. She was shooting fire through her eyes as she asked through gritted teeth,
"You met Nandini again?".

Manik just stared at her. He knew that here he was completely at fault. He just stood there silent.

Soha asked again and this time had a little higher voice and suddenly Manik's brain and voice both started functioning and replied," Yes we had Nandini's company. We asked you too join us but you declined it. Remember?? Your skin or so would be affected."
Manik shouted.

Soha took Mannat in her arms and left the hall. She entered into Mannat's room and placed her on bed for her afternoon nap. She then silently went towards the bedroom and soon it was locked.

Manik was frustrated with all this daily drama. It has become a custom for him to stay out of the bedroom as it was most of the time locked with his wife inside.

It was hard for Mannat to stay away from her mother but it was probably a welcoming case for Manik that Soha stayed away. Otherwise they would have got divorced long back. Manik sighed and went to his study to complete some works and to distract himself from all this blunder and unknowingly he had fallen asleep.

When Manik opened his eyes he found himself surrounded by darkness. He took his open and flipped it open. He guided himself and switched on the lights. It was 6 in the evening.

He went out to find that all the lights were off. The house was too calm. Manik rushed to Mannat's room and heaved a sigh of relief as she was sleeping hugging her teddy.

Manik entered the bedroom but found it empty. He then looked into other rooms. As Manik passed by the dining space a white paper caught his attention.

He took it from under the paperweight and opened it. It was a note from Soha.

I have changed my shoot schedules. I am starting it early. It starts from tomorrow. So I am leaving today. Give my love to Mannat.....Soha.

Manik clearly understood the reason behind Soha's early leaving. And he felt guilty. If the scenario would be different that Soha was shouting at him and he at her then he would not have felt bad but Soha leaving silently irked his inner self.

Manik dialed Soha's number. It rang but noone picked up. He tried several times but no answer. Manik didn't stop and continued ringing but after sometime it was switched off. Soha had never ignored him this much.

Manik started getting worried but then he called the director for the address of the shoot so that he could go there. The assistant attained the call," Yes, who is this speaking?".

"Manik Malhotra, husband of Soha Malhotra.....", Manik said.

"Yes,how can I help you sir?," the female politely responded.

"Can you tell me the location of the shoot that is going to be held tomorrow, casting my wife and Harshad Saxena.", Manik asked.

"Yes sir, it is to be held at the far east end of the city, a 3 hr drive from the main place. But there are no such events scheduled for tomorrow. The project you are speaking of don't start till next week.", the lady on the other hand spoke.

Manik now got restless." How can that be possible? My wife informed me that it would start from tomorrow. There must have been some changes."

"No sir, there had been no changes and I am handling this project with Director sir. So if there had been any changes I would have know.".

Manik reluctantly hung up not understanding what was going on. Manik decided to go check things himself before it worsened. He was feeling too guilty and sorry. He thought that he had hurt Soha too much this time and he had crossed the limit. He felt bad for involving Nandini in this too. "What's wrong with you Manik.... You have a wife and a daughter. Its no time to fool around with other gals." He mentally chided himself.

Manik quickly woke up Mannat and dresses her up. Then he rushed to his parents house and dropped off Mannat there. He changed his route and took to the highways.

After 3 hrs he reached the spot. It was hotel with a beautiful decoration, pools,gardens ideal for the camera. As Manik entered the hotel his phone ringed. He was happy seeing that it was Nandini but the next moment he just ended the call and put the phone back to his pocket. He went to the reception and asked whether any one named Soha had checked in.

The receptionist checked the list and nodded a no. Manik was frustrated at this. He was sure that he would find her here. He was going to leave from there when a thought clicked and he again asked," Is there a Harshad Saxena?".

And this time it was a yes. Manik could feel his anger boiling inside as he asked for the room no.

"320, sir.". And next moment Manik was on the lift heading to the 11 th floor.

Done with the next part. Thanks to you guys who support me through their lovely comments and votes. Thank you so much.
Keep supporting and I would try my best to entertain you.

Till then vote a lot, comment in loads and happy reading.