Chapter 28

Manik stood staring at her. She still looked so same. Just as he had seen her six months back. Her golden locks all wild and free on her shoulders. Her enchanting eyes which still had the capability to get him down on his knees, the pink pouty lips that he loved to kiss........ And as his gaze shifted down ......... He saw a new feature added to her old self.

Manik saw an unusual bump in the stomach region that took all his sanity away in a click. He instantly looked back to her eyes, his horrified expression asking for an explanation and all Nandini could say," Maybe we should talk."

Manik followed Nandini as she settled beside one of the reading tables. Manik sat slowly facing her and kept Mannat on his lap. He stared at her for a long time waiting for her to speak but Nandini kept looking at her hands hiding herself from Manik.

"So, may be you have things to explain......Nandini", Manik said breaking the silence. He needed answers, and he can't just stay silent and act all calm anymore...... At least not when he has Nandini in front of him just metres away and for god's sake PREGNANT.

Nandini knew she had to face him but she didn't expect it to be so soon. She sensed his urgency. And she could see his pain, he was hurt again and this time she was the reason. She had already broken her promise of not hurting him. She had done the damage. Now all she could do was not hurt him more. It was his baby, his child too and he had a right to know.

"Manik, I am six months pregnant with your child.", Nandini spoke slowly trying to grasp his reaction with her every word.

Manik sat there blank. He was gone...... No emotions crowded in him. Not happiness not pain....
Nothing, he could not process the words. My child....... Nandini is carrying my baby..... It echoed in his mind.

He closed his eyes and moved his hands in his hair. And tried to calm himself down. The storm that was going on within his walls shattered him.

Nandini knew it was too much to handle for him and so she asked quietly," Manik are you okay?"

Immediately he opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Yes..... I am. Nandini, how do you know its my child?", Manik asked.

"Because that's the time when we slept together.", Nandini replied.

"Are you sure its mine", Manik pressed more and suddenly it became clear to her as to where it was going.

Nandini felt angry and embarrassed and hurt all at once as she found Manik doubting her and she bursted out," Of course, its your child. It's not that I roam about on the streets sleeping with people.".

Manik took her hands into his and slightly squeezed them. "I am sorry. I didn't mean it. Its just so confusing. I am sorry. I trust you, Nandu.", he spoke in a low tone.

Trust.

He still trusts her. Even after everything. After she left him, for no fault of his, after she hurt him, so badly, after she hid the fact of his child from him....... After all this he still trusts her. And guilt overpowered Nandini. Crashed her down under its weight. How can she do this to him.

And tears spilled out from the corners of her eyes. He immediately sprang out of his seat keeping Mannat there and came to her side. He kneeled in front of her and wiped away her tears.

"I a really sorry. I really didn't mean it.", Manik pleaded and her guilt engulfed her more.

She weakly nodded her head and wiped away the remaining tears.

"Why didn't you tell me before?", Manik asked still in front of her, holding her hands in his and placing them lightly on her knees.

"I thought I can handle it by myself. I didn't want to trouble you anymore.", Nandini spoke in a low voice.

"Trouble.... Nandini we are talking about our child here. I want my baby to get the best living possible in this world. To be safe, happy...... And I can do anything for that. And you of all people know it.", Manik spoke and Nandini knew he was right.

She had seen him Mannat. Though she was not his own Manik never let her feel anything. He made sure she was happy, loved and cared for.

Manik was the best father any child may ask for.

"But you already have Mannat to look after. I just didn't want you get burdened up.", Nandini replied.

"My child is not a burden for me.", and she could feel him withdrawing his hands from her.
Nandini looked at him and saw that he had backed off a little. Anger was visible in his eyes as he spoke," Nandini the child you are carrying is mine too. And I too have rights, and I will make sure that my baby is happy and healthy. And no one can stop me not even you."

A fear took over Nandini. What if Manik takes her baby away. He obviously has more money and influence than her. But Nandini has only this. She cannot give it up.

"Manik please don't take my baby away from me.", Nandini barely could form the words before tears made their way out again.

Manik's expression changed from anger, to concerned,
" Shh........ I would never do that,Nandini. Never. How can I deprive my child from mother's love. And its your baby too. All I am saying is that I want to help. Okay.....".

Manik got up a little and placed a kiss on her forehead and Nandini wrapped her hands around him pulling him in a embrace. Manik's protective arms were around her and Nandini felt safe and secure.

"So its blue balloons or pink ones?", Manik asked lightly after pulling away carcassing her cheeks.

Nandini smiled at his comment and replied," I have a feeling that its a him.", and her hands were on her belly.

Manik kneeled down so that he was just by her stomach and he spoke in a soft voice," Hey champ..... Your dad's here." And forwarded his hands to touch the bump but he looked at Nandini and asked," Can I ?".

Nandini nodded Manik placed his palm on her belly.

Manik could feel a life in there and he felt connected. Connected to the little one there....... He never felt this deep a emotion, not with Mannat...... Because this time it was his baby...... His blood running in the veins of the child..... And Manik moved forward and planted a kiss on her belly.

Di( Riya Talreja) it is only for you........ :-) :-)
Anything and everything for you.....

So here is another fast update. Enjoy and don't forget to leave your lovely comments.

Till then happy reading.