World War 2

"Then he just, kissed you?" Rose frowned.  I had just told Rose about how the Doctor kissed me then ran off to the church before all the chaos ensued. We were seated at the edge of the Tardis again, legs dangling outside. It was becoming somewhat normal for us to sit like this now.

"Yep, kissed me and then ran away, as if it was the most natural thing."

"Maybe he thought it was."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"What if he doesn't make a big deal about first kisses, maybe he sees them as just another part of a relationship."

"Blimey, you could be right."

"Leave it to your best mate to solve all your boy troubles." She laughed.

I grinned and we both stood up. "Thanks again." I hugged her.

"Not a problem."

All of a sudden, the Tardis fell back and the doors slammed shut.

"DOCTOR! What's going on?!"

He stared at the screen on the console, his eyes wide.

"It's an emergency." He whispered, not quite believing it himself.

"What's the emergency?" Rose asked, and I darted over to get a look at the screen myself.

"It's mauve." The Doctor told Rose.

"Mauve?" She replied.

"The universally recognized color for danger." I explained.

"What happened to red?" She frowned.

"That's just humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the Tardis. Where it goes, we go." The Doctor told us.

"And that's safe is it?" I glared at him.

"Totally." He replied, avoiding my gaze. The Tardis fell backwards again and made a loud bang sound as it went. "Okay, reasonably. Should have said reasonably there. No, no, no, no! It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us." He cried.

"What exactly is this thing?" Rose asked.

"No idea." The Doctor replied.

"Then why are we chasing it?"

"It's mauve and dangerous, and about thirty seconds from the centre of London." I told her, reading the screen. "Hold on, I'll be right back." I told the others and Rose nodded.

"Me too." She said and the two of us ran into our rooms and changed. I put on my boots, put my hair in a braid, grabbed my bag, and put my glasses on top of my head.

I walked out and Rose walked out at the same time wearing a Union Flag. I laughed and shook my head at the sight.

"What is it?" She frowned.

"Nothing, nothing." I smirked and we headed back to the console room.

We materialized in a back alley between two terraces. It's the sort of crowded housing that no longer exists.

"Do you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into Earth?" The Doctor asked us.

"Five days? Or is that just when we're out of milk?" I smirked up at him, and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Of all the species in all the Universe and it has to come out of a cow." He glanced around. "Must have come down somewhere quite close. Within a mile, anyway. And it can't have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe a month."