The Wedding No One Will Forget

We darted up to the church, just in time to see Rose about to enter.

"Rose!" I screamed.

"Get in the church!" The Doctor yelled.

All of a sudden, a bat-like thing appeared in the sky. It hissed and started to swoop. Rose screamed, and ran in the church. The bat-like thing headed for me and the Doctor pushed me to the ground just in time. 

He offered me his hand getting up and I just stared at him.

"What?"

"We need to talk." I told him, getting up on my own.

"Thank you is what they usually say!" He called as I walked back to the church.

"Honey, you should know by now, I'm not the usual. Oh, and duck." I told him just as the creature swooped down again. "There, now we're even."

"I still hate you!"

"I still don't believe that! Now get off your ass, we need to talk to Rose."

We walked back inside and closed the church doors.

"Well, you sure took your time at it." Rose said.

"She was being stubborn!" The Doctor exclaimed.

"Why the hell do I put up with the two of you?" Rose sighed, running her hand through her hair.

"Because we're mates, and if you left me, you know I would be really sad and miss you forever."

"Ugh, fine." She laughed. 

The Doctor ran back over to us. 

"They can't get in. Old windows and doors. Okay. The older something is, the stronger it is. What else? Go and check the other doors! Move!" He ordered the other people in the wedding party, and they ran around, terrified.

"How long have we got?" I asked.

"Half an hour, maybe an hour tops."

"What's happening? What are they? What are they?" Jackie ran over looking frantic.

"There's been an accident in time. A wound in time. They're like bacteria, taking advantage." The Doctor told her.

"What do you mean, time? What're you jabbering on about, time?" Jackie demanded.

Rose and I burst out laughing, we didn't expect any less from her.

"Oh, I might've known you'd argue. Jackie, I'm sick of you complaining." The Doctor groaned.

"How do you know my name?" She asked.

"I haven't got time for this." The Doctor rolled his eyes.

"This is incredible." I whispered to Rose, and she nodded while laughing.

"No, and you never will unless I sort this out. Now, if you don't mind, I've waited a long time to say this. Jackie Tyler, do as I say. Go and check the doors." The Doctor ordered.

"Yes, sir."

"I should've done that ages ago." He sighed, and I giggled. I walked over to him and he put his arm around me.

Just then a bloke ran up to us, looking like he had just seen a ghost.

"My dad was out there." He muttered.

"You can mourn him later. Right now we've got to concentrate on keeping ourselves alive." The Doctor told him, and I slapped him.

"OW!"