The Interview

A/N I will put Jordyn's outfits in the media box whenever she changes

I crawled out of bed with a groan and glanced at the time. I hated waking up so early just for a job interview, but nobody else was going to feed me.

"Honey, don't forget to pack up! You're going to your dad's later!" My mum yelled at me.

"Yeah, whatever Mum," I called back. I wished she would stop trying to act like she cared. I learned long ago she didn't. I heard her sigh through the door, but she still walked away... Somethings never change.

I grabbed my outfit for the day and put it on carelessly. I honestly hated this store, but it was the only place that responded to my application. I had to get a job because my Mum and Dad randomly decided that I can feed myself and pay my own bills, just because I'm seventeen.

I slung on my necklace and pulled on my bracelets and black boots. I quickly packed my clothes and items to go to my Dad's flat. I placed it on my bed for when I got home later.

I headed out of my room and made my way down the stairs to the front door when my Mum called me.

"Jordyn! Where do you think you're going?!"

"Er... The interview?" I had the correct time, right?

"You just woke up! Did you really think you could get past me without breakfast? I know you haven't been eating!" She scolded me wagging her finger at me. Did she really think she could be a proper parent?

"Muuum," I groaned," I'm late! You ordered me to get a job in the summer! What happened to 'if you can't pay rent you can't live here'?"

She looked disappointed. Apparently, I had ruined her ten minutes of parenting. "Fine. I'll have an apple. Just let me go."

She instantly brightened at my words. She grabbed an apple from the table in the living room, shined it with the towel in her hand, and tossed it to me.

I caught it with a smirk, and I darted out with another word. If I was lucky, I could still catch the bus.

"Ronny!" I called when I saw the bus sitting in the corner. I've known this bus driver since I was little, he used to be the driver of the bus I took to school. I raced up to the bus breathing heavily.

"I held it just for you, Jordyn. I hope you know I'm ten minutes late now."

"Sorry, my Mum tried to parent again," I told him, waving the apple in his face.

He just laughed and took off down the street. It didn't take long for us to encounter a roundabout, so he opened the doors momentarily and the apple rolled out.

"Good riddance," I muttered.

Ronny sniggered, shaking his head at my distaste for the apple.
I slapped him on the back of the head, causing him to glare at me. He's probably the closest thing I have to a parental figure. That seems sadder than it is.

I mostly depend on myself now. It's not a burden, it's my life.

As soon as we stopped by Henrick's, Ronny opened the door and pulled me into a bear hug.

"Good luck in there."

"Thanks, Ron." I smiled at him and hopped down the steps.

I looked up at the building with a sigh. My future was laying in front of me, and my hands were shaking at the sight of it. This was my last chance to live a somewhat stable life which is what I had to settle for long ago when my parents divorced and took out their frustration with each other on the only other person in their life. Me.

I shook my head, attempting to clear my thoughts. I headed into the building, already a train wreck.

The building was bigger on the inside, I noted. I took it all in staring at the beauty of it all. It was so posh. I definitely wouldn't fit in here. Not with my pimply face, stringy brown hair that I attempted to make look cool by dying the ends pink, and certainly now with my cheap second-hand clothes.

I still had to be interviewed though, I sighed, already knowing my fate. I headed to the front counter to see if I could find the manager.

A blonde girl with wide eyes was sitting behind it, yelling at someone on the phone.

"No, I am not supposed to be here Winston! Could you just- Could you just- Get Tracy here!" She yelled before hanging up.

"Er- sorry. I'm here to be interviewed?"

"Right. I'm sorry." She shuffled through a few papers, before finally pulling out a small yellow post it. "It's right here Jordyn for 7." She smiled up at me. "Pleasure to meet you, Jordyn. I'm Rose." She held out her hand, and I shook it nervously.

"You can sit over there." She told me, gesturing to some chairs by a window. "Or," she leaned over the counter and whispered to me. "If you're smart. You can head outside. Knowing Henrick, he'll be another hour. If you head out, you can have something to do, and not just be stuck here."

I nodded, smiling at her. Great, an hour of boredom.

"I can phone you when he gets in if you'd like." I nodded, and told her my number.

She smiled at me. "It was nice meeting you. I hope we get to work together."

"Me too."

I headed out, walking around aimlessly. What was I going to do for a bloody hour?

All of a sudden, a warm hand brushed mine and grabbed me firmly.

"Run." A northern accent whispered in my ear before pulling me with him.

I didn't stop to question it. In the face of danger, you don't exactly question why you're being told to run. At least I didn't. I just took off with this man in a leather jacket. For some reason, I automatically trusted him.