The Anger of the Gelth

We headed down to the basement to get Gwyneth to the rift. The dead were covered in white sheets, and it was freezing. The Doctor noticed and gave me his jacket again. I smiled at him gratefully.

"Urgh. Talk about Bleak House." The Doctor commented, making me smirk.

"The thing is, Doctor, the Gelth don't succeed, 'cos I know they don't. I know for a fact there weren't corpses walking around in 1869." Rose told him. 

"Time's in flux, changing every second. Your cozy little world can be rewritten like that. Nothing is safe. Remember that. Nothing."

"Doctor, I think the room's getting colder." Charlie remarked.

"Here they come." I announced.

A Gelth came out of the gas lamp by the door and stood under the stone archway.

"You've come to help. Praise the Doctor. Praise him." The Gelth worshiped him, and I rolled my eyes.

"Promise you won't hurt her." Rose begged, and she was ignored.

"Hurry!" The Gelth exclaimed. "Please, so little time. Pity the Gelth."

"I'll take you somewhere else after the transfer. Somewhere you can build proper bodies. This isn't a permanent solution, alright?" The Doctor told them.

"My angels. I can help them live." Gwyneth muttered breathlessly.

"Okay!" I exclaimed. Nothing good can happen when everybody is trying to talk at once. "Where's the weak point?" 

"Here, beneath the arch."

"Beneath the arch." Gwyneth repeated.

I guided Gwyneth to the arch and she stood underneath it patiently.

"You don't have to do this." Rose reminded her.

"My angels." Gwyneth whispered.

"Establish the bridge. Reach out to the void. Let us through!" The Gelth instructed.

"Yes, I can see you. I can see you. Come!"

"Bridgehead establishing." The Gelth announced.

"It is begun. The bridge is made." 

Gwyneth tried to open her mouth, but only blue gas came out.

"She has given herself to the Gelth. The bridge is open. We descend."

The sweet blue apparition turned flame red with sharp teeth. It's voice deepened.

"The Gelth will come through in force."

"You said you were few in number." Charles remembered.

"A few billion. And all of us in need of corpses."

The dead bodies covered in sheets sat up. I started backing away, and I bumped into the Doctor. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind him.

"Gwyneth, stop this. Listen to your master. This has gone far enough. Stop dabbling, child, and leave these things alone, I beg of you." Mr. Sneed pleaded.

"Mister Sneed get back!" Rose screamed.

After she said that, a corpse walked up behind Mister Sneed and snapped his neck. I held back a scream. A Gelth zoomed into his mouth.

"I think it's gone a little bit wrong." The Doctor remarked.

"Doctor, I had to say I told you so..." I trailed off, as Mister Sneed turned to us.

"I have joined the legions of the Gelth. Come, march with us." Mister Sneed, or the Gelth, said.

"No." I told them.