Missing: Rose Tyler

I laid in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. After the Doctor carried me out of the house he did some actual Doctor's work for about an hour, just to tell me I was fine.

Speak of the devil. The Doctor knocked on my door and peered in.

"You okay?"

"Oh, sure, fine. I just can't believe you gave me a heart attack when I woke up saying I might've broken my neck."

"To be fair, I thought the way I was carrying you snapped your neck. You woke up. I told you the truth, and tried to figure out if I was right. Clearly, I was wrong."

"Clearly!" I snapped, raking my hands through my hair.

"I got you ice for your neck." He handed me the package, and I softened.

"Sorry."

He shook his head, disregarding my apology. Instead, he gestured for me to lay down, and placed the ice on my neck. He, then, pulled the sheets up to cover me, kissed my forehead, and walked out without another word.

I rolled my eyes, wondering if I would ever understand him, before drifting off to sleep.

When I woke up, I jumped put of bed immediately. I tossed the bag with melted ice into a bin, and began pulling out new clothes to wear.

In case you didn't guess, I was still wearing the dress.

I clawed through my outfits to find something. I finally picked out the perfect outfit and I put it on automatically. I laced up my shoes, then started to head for the console room.

I walked out of my room in my new outfit, glancing around.

"Oi! There you are!" Rose exclaimed, running up to me and grabbing my hand. "The Doctor's just dropped me off at home, come on!" She pulled me through the Tardis, and into the console room.

The Doctor gestured for us to follow him, opening the doors to the Tardis. Peering outside, I remembered we were by Rose's flat.

"How long have I been gone?" Rose asked the Doctor.

"About twelve hours." He replied.

"Oh. Right, I won't be long. I just want to see my mum." She told us.

"What're you going to tell her?" I asked.

" I don't know. I've been to the year 5 billion and only been gone, what, twelve hours? No, I'll just tell her I spent the night at Shareen's. See you later. Oh, don't you disappear." She called, then ran off to her flat.

As soon as she was gone, the Doctor turned me to face him.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I nodded. "I just needed to rest it, that's all." I told him, rubbing my neck subconsciously.

He noticed, but just sighed and let it go. Behind him, I saw a poster that read: Police Appeal for Assistance. Can you help?

"Doctor! You might want to take a look at this!"

He ran over to the sign, and read it over my shoulder.

"Missing for twelve months?" I repeated.

"I got the date mixed up." He muttered. "Rose!" He grabbed my hand, and we took off towards Rose's flat.

We raced up the steps and burst through the doors.

"It's not twelve hours, it's twelve months. You've been gone a whole year. Sorry." The Doctor told her. Meanwhile, I was still gasping for breath.