Earth Death

When I woke up I was on cold, hard tile. I stretched and my arm hit Rose.

"Hey." I yawned. She nodded in response.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending." The computer stated, just as the sun's deadly glare began to show its face.

We jumped up to the door and hammered on it repeatedly.

"Let us out! Let us out!" We cried.

"Sun filter descending." The computer told us.

"Yes, we know that!" I snapped, accidentally turning to face the sun's burning rays. Rose turned me back around, just in time.

"Let us out! Let us out! Let us out!" We continued to hammer on the door.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending." The computer stated again.

Suddenly, I heard a sound on the other side of the door. I listened closely and recognized the sonic. I smiled, thinking of the Doctor.

"Anyone in there?" He called.

"Let us out!" Rose cried.

"Well, of course it would be yo- Wait. Us?"

"Doctor!" I yelled.

"Oh, no. No no no no no."

"Open the door!" Rose commanded.

"Hold on. Give us two ticks." The Doctor requested.

The scorching rays reached the top of the door and I held my breath in fear.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending." The computer told us. I was beginning to wonder if those would be the last words I hear. If so, they're pretty crummy last words. "Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising."

Wait. What?

"Sun filter descending."

Oh, no.

"Just what we need." I heard the Doctor mutter on the other side of the door, and I smiled. "The computer's getting clever."

"Stop mucking about!" Rose commanded.

"I'm not mucking about. It's fighting back." The Doctor told us.

"Open the door!" I yelled.

"I know!" The Doctor yelled back.

Rose and I ran down the steps, away from the glare, as it travelled down the door.

"The lock's melted!" We both called to the Doctor.

"Sun filter descending. Sun filter descending." Then it stopped. "Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising."

Rose and I immediately ran back up to the door.

"The whole thing's jammed. I can't open the doors. Stay there!" The Doctor told us.

"Where are we going to go, Ipswich?" Rose asked.

"Earth Death in five minutes." The computer announced.

We walked back to the steps and sat next to each other.

"Mums from Ipswich."

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah, we had to go there once for Gran. Trust me, it was not fun."

"The trip to your Gran or Ipswich?" Rose laughed.

"I honestly have no clue. I was stuck playing chess with Grandad the entire time." I joined in on the laughter.