The Last of My Kind

Two hours later, I had been; tied up, scanned, and interrogated. Twice. The Doctor, however, had already ordered Van Statten to release me, twenty two times and counting.

So, I'm an alien. I thought I would know something like that. It's been coming back to me, though. After that guard told Van Statten I'm an alien, it triggered something. My memory.

Since then, I've been trying to figure out what I am, when it hit me.

I'm an empath. An empath is a creature that can feel the emotions of others around them... No wonder I'm depressed.

Guards were surrounding me, and I was tied up in some silly chair. Most likely waiting for the next "test."

"'Scuse me? Where's the Doctor?" 

"You don't need to worry about that, sweetheart." The guard smirked at me. I rolled my eyes in response. 

What is it with everyone calling me sweetheart? Do I even resemble a girl who is sweet, or has a heart?

As soon as he turned his back, I kicked his the back of his knee, causing him to fall. I pulled a knife out of his pocket and used it on the ropes tying me to the chair. Once my hands were free, I cut the rope between my legs, then crouched down to the guards face. "Don't call me sweetheart." I smiled, then punched him in the nose.

I wandered down the halls, looking for something that even seemed like a cage they could hold the Doctor in. 

Finally, I found a room that seemed like it might be able to contain him, but it needed an ID to get in. I sighed, sitting on the ground. How the hell was I going to get in there?

"Jordyn?!" A voice called.

"Who-"

Just then, someone wrapped me in a hug from behind. I felt a burst of emotion upon their touch  ranging from; fear, to anger, to sadness. "Rose?!"

She turned me around to face her and glared at me. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Long story. Listen, you, the British bloke, can you open this?" I gestured to the cage door.

"Yeah, sure, I'm granted access, but why-"

"Just do it."

"It's Adam by the way." He did as I commanded, and the doors opened to reveal... A dalek. 

"Shit." I whispered. "Okay, I can do this." I muttered to myself."Dalek!" I shouted, forcing it to pay attention to me.

"An empath? Your race is dead."

"Yeah, well so's yours. A lot of races died in the Time War."

"Because of the Doctor."

"No, he saved them."

"He killed my race."

"So, you wouldn't kill the others. Listen, I was just a toddler at the time, but even I know it wasn't his fault, so you can stop trying to pin everything on him."

"Wait, I'm sorry. Did it just say empath?" Rose asked. 

"Rose just wait outside." She did as I requested, too in shock to argue. I turned to the dalek.
"Now, I'm just beginning to remember what I am and my past, but I know something wiped my memory because I've been alive for a long time."