The Alien Body

"Hello, Ms. Tyler." I smiled sweetly to the woman.

"Oh, hello dear. Please, call me Jackie."

"I was wondering if we could watch the telly."

"Sure, of course! We invited our friend Ru over to watch the news, she's with Rose now."

I nodded and pulled the Doctor into the flat with me.

"Hey Rose," I smiled at her. "Hello, I'm Jordyn." I held my hand out to the woman.

"Ru." She shook my hand.

"Big Ben destroyed as a UFO crash lands in Central London. Police reinforcements are drafted in from across the country to control widespread panic, looting and civil disturbance. A state of national emergency has been declared. Tom Hitchinson is at the scene." The reporter on the telly announced.

The Doctor immediately sat down and paid attention to everything the reporter said.

"The police are urging the public not to panic. There's a help line number on screen right now if you're worried about friends or family." Hitchinson told us.

I changed the channel to the AMNN.

"The military are on the lookout for more spaceships. Until then, all flights in North American air space have been grounded." The woman on the telly announced.

Ru snatched the remote out of my hand and changed it back to News 24. The Doctor glared at her.

"The army are sending divers into the wreck of the spaceship. No one knows what they're going to find."

Ru rolled her eyes and changed it back to AMNN. I groaned and slumped down in my seat.

"The President will address the nation live from the White House, but the Secretary General has asked that people watch the skies." The woman informed us.

Jackie brought in mugs for Rose, Ru, herself and I, but not for the Doctor. I started to sip the tea from my mug, when the Doctor gave me a look.

"Ugh, fine." I handed him my mug.

"I've got no choice." Jackie told Ru.

"You've broken your mother's heart." Ru told Rose.

"I'm not going to make him welcome." I heard Jackie mutter to Ru and Rose.

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to the Doctor. I put my head on his shoulder and sipped from the mug.

"Why would you make her welcome then?" Ru whispered.

"She's just a kid, like Rose, she wouldn't know any better."

"Oi, I'm trying to listen." The Doctor snapped.

The camera cut to the outside of Number 10 Downing Street.

"His current whereabouts. News is just coming in. We can go to Tom at the Embankment."

"They've found a body. It's unconfirmed, but I'm being told a body has been found in the wreckage. A body of non-terrestrial origins. It's being brought ashore." As Hitchinson told us this, people began to gather in the flat. Jackie was throwing a welcome back party for Rose. She stared to serve wine to the other guests at the party.

"A body of some sort has been found inside the wreckage of the spacecraft." Hitchinson announced.

"Oh, guess who asked me out. Billy Crewe." Jackie told the girls at the party. I rolled my eyes at the gossip.

"Brought to the nearest shore. Unconfirmed reports say that the body is of extra-terrestrial origin. An extraordinary event unfolding here live here in Central London. The body is being transferred to a secure unit mortuary, the whereabouts is yet unknown. The roads in Central London are being-"