The Lady Cassandra

The Doctor and I sat down together, waiting for Rose to finish phoning her Mum.

"Doctor, even if I did have my mobile, who would I call?"

"You don't have friends back home?"

"Nah, they all left me as soon as I became depressed."

"You know what?"

"What?"

"None of them get to see the end of the world." I smirked at him, and Rose's Mum rang off.

We both stared up at her.

"Think that's amazing, you want to see the bill." The Doctor told her, making me laugh.

I buried my head in his shoulder when she glared at me for laughing at the joke.

"That was five billion years ago. So, she's dead now. Five billion years later, my mum's dead."

"Bundle of laughs you are." I complained.

Just then, the space station shook. I lost my balance and crashed into Rose. She held me by my arms and helped me regain my balance.

"That's not supposed to happen." The Doctor muttered, ignoring the scene in front of him.

"Honoured guests may be reassured that gravity pockets may cause slight turbulence, thanking you." The Steward announced.

"That wasn't a gravity pocket." The Doctor told us, before grabbing our hands and running off.

We entered a room filled with people panicking.

"That wasn't a gravity pocket. I know gravity pockets and they don't feel like that. What do you think, Jabe? Listened to the engines. They've pitched up about thirty Hertz. That dodgy or what?" He asked the tree named Jabe.

"It's the sound of metal. It doesn't make any sense to me." Jabe replied.

"Where's the engine room?"

"I don't know, but the maintenance duct is just behind our guest suite, I could show you and your... Which one is your wife?" She asked pointing at Rose and I.

I stared at Rose, holding back a laugh, while she just glared at Jabe.

"Neither of them are my wife."

"Partners?"

"No."

"Concubines?"

"Nope."

"Prostitutes?"

"Whatever we are, we must be invisible." I objected, after hearing prostitutes. "Do you mind?"

"Tell you what." Rose announced, grabbing my hand. "You two go and pollinate. We can catch up with family. Quick word with Michael Jackson." Rose pulled me towards Cassandra.

"Don't start a fight!" The Doctor called. I assumed that was for me.

When the Doctor offered Jabe his arm, I couldn't help but glare. Maybe, it was stupid, to be jealous of a tree, but she clearly liked him, and there was a part of me that got angry about that. I shook it off and turned to Rose.

"What are we doing?"

"You'll see." She smirked, and dragged me to Cassandra.

"Excuse us? May we have a word?" She asked the piece of skin.

"What? Oh, turn me around you two fools." The did as she commanded. "Ah, yes, you two. Who are you?"

"I'm Rose, and this is Jordyn." I waved nervously. "We were wondering if we could talk to you for a bit."

"Yes, but of course! What would you like to know?" Rose glanced at me nervously. Obviously, she didn't think she'd get this far.

"Er, with you being the last Human and all... Could you tell us a bit about Earth?" I asked.

"Soon, the sun will blossom into a red giant, and my home will die. That's where I used to live, when I was a little boy, down there. Mummy and Daddy had a little house built into the side of the Los Angeles Crevice. I'd have such fun."

"What happened to everyone else? The human race, where did it go?" Rose asked.

"The say mankind has touched every star in the sky." She sighed.

"So you're not the last Human." I said.

"I am the last pure human." She proclaimed. "The others mingled. Oh, they call themselves New humans and Proto-humans and Digi-humans, even 'Humanish, but you know what I call them? Mongrels. "

"Right. And you stayed behind." I added.

"I kept myself pure." She told us.

"How many operations have you had?" Rose asked, and I smirked.

"Seven hundred and eight. Next week, it's seven hundred and nine. I'm having my blood bleached. Is that why you wanted a word? You could be flatter, Rose. You've got a little bit of a chin poking out. "

"I'd rather die."

When she started eyeing me like a potential candidate for an operation I backed away slowly. "And I'd die right after her!" I objected.

"Honestly, it doesn't hurt." She informed us.

"No, we mean it. We would rather die. It's better to die than live like you, a bitchy trampoline." I spat.

"Oh, well. What do you know?" She sighed.

"I was born on that planet, and so was my mum, and so was my dad, and so were her parents and that makes us officially the last human beings in this room, 'cos you're not human. You've had it all nipped and tucked and flattened till there's nothing left. Anything human got chucked in the bin. You're just skin, Cassandra. Lipstick and skin. Nice talking. " Rose grabbed my hand, and we headed out of the room as fast as possible.

"That was brilliant!" I congratulated.

"Really?" She sighed. "Because I couldn't think straight for a moment there." She laughed, and I giggled.

"You did beautifully. You showed that bitchy trampoline."

She raised an eyebrow.

"What? That's the best insult I've come up with in weeks." We both laughed.

We turned to walk away, when I swore I felt somebody watching us. I turned around just in time to be knocked out with a pistol.

A/N I didn't expect this chapter to be so short. Sorry!