Chapter 48

I woke up to Tahlia nuzzling my side, mewing at me.
I sit up and reach a hand out to scratch her behind the ears as she purrs.
I look around the room to see Alex is gone and then notice the bathroom door is shut and locked.
I slide out of bed and creep over to my wardrobe, trying not to wake the sleeping hippogriff we call Ferin.
I grab a clothe bag from the inside of the door, laying it on the end of my bed and I sit down next to it with Tahlia purring at my side, as Alex steps out of the bathroom.
She stops in her tracks to look at me a moment.
"Happy birthday Al!" I squealed then ran up and hugged her.
"Thanks, I feel old now." She joked as she hugged me back.
"You look so cute in that outfit, but I think today calls for a dress." I chirped as I spun around and grabbed the dress, from the clothe bag, off my bed, handing it to Alex.
"Wait a minute, this is my dress." She said grabbing the dress from me and looking up in confusion.
"I grabbed it from your wardrobe for an occasion such as this one since I knew you wouldn't bring one." I said cheekily.
"Thanks dude." She said then went back into the bathroom to change again.
-------------------------------------
"The second challenge is gonna happen soon I guess." Alex said as she walked into the great hall for lunch.
"I wonder what it's gonna be." I said sipping some water from my goblet.
"Whatever it is it's got Hermione stressing more than Harry." Fred said from his seat next to Alex.
"And Harry doesn't seem to care one way or the other." George added.
"Alex!" Ferin cheered as she wrapper her arms tightly around her neck. "Happy birthday."
"Thanks Ferin, could you stop strangling me?" She asked.
"Oh sorry." She apologized and released her neck. "Come walk around the castle with me. The two of us haven't talked in a long time, just the two of us."
Right on time.
"Sure." She said and got up. "See you guys later."
I watched to make sure Alex was almost out the door before speaking.
"So George, Lee, and I are going up to decorate now, and Ferin will be up after you've brought up the snacks and drinks you've snuck in, and you'll be with Alex?" I ask Fred, just to make sure I have everything straight.
"Yup." He smirks.
"Alright then." I chirp, and grab George's arm, dragging him up to the empty common room.
-------------------------------------
As we decorate the entire Gryffindor common room I can't help but notice from the corner of my eyes the struggle George is having with the streamers.
"Having some trouble, are we?" I ask with a small giggle as I try to untangle him.
"Not at all." He says in a mock sour tone, a smirk gracing his bright pink lips.
He quickly untangles himself and wraps a few strands around me from behind, pulling me to his chest.
He pecks me on the lips lightly just as Lee walks in.
"Get a room!" He shouts at us as he quickly covers his eyes.
"We could say the same for you and Aliza." We shoot back.
"Yeah, thanks for helping me with that by the way." He said awkwardly, as he scratched the back of his head.
"No problem." George said with a laugh.
"Does this have something to do with what you put on his drink this morning?" I ask him.
"Yeah, I gave him some liquid luck since he was having trouble asking her out."
-------------------------------------
After we finished decorating we got everyone up there and awaited Alex's arrival, which was Fred's responsibility.
We all wait in the common room anxiously, everyone being so quiet that we could hear Fred and Alex walk up the steps and argue quietly.
The portrait swings open and we watch Fred lead a blindfolded Alex into the common room before reaching his hands around and untying it.
She let out a small gasp as everyone cheered,
"SURPRISE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AL!"
"Oh my god, I can't believe you did all this for me. Thank you." She said, though at a loss for words.
"Happy birthday Alex." George said as we walked up, his arm wrapped tightly around me.
"My girls big day." Fred said sounding like a proud father.
"Still not your girl." Alex said dryly.
"Be nice Alex, Fred is the one that arranged all this." I said looking at Fred sweetly.
"Really?" She asked.
"Maybe~." He said smugly.
"Thank you." She told him softly.
"One moment." Fred said then disappeared into the crowd.
---------------------------
Since George would be helping Fred with Alex's next little surprise I decided to stick with Ferin.
"I'm glad I get you all to myself tonight, I haven't really been able to hang with you for ages." She smirks, linking arms with me as we walk over to get some punch, which is most likely spiked.
As I take a sip of the throughly spiked punch, I heard Fred's voice over the crowd.
"This song goes out to Alex. Happy Birthday." Fred said, then music started playing.
It was a muggle song that I had helped him pick, I had shown it to Alex just last year and I thought it described how their relationship worked fairly well.

Oh, I just wanna take you anywhere that you'd like
We could go out any day, any night
Baby I'll take you there, take you there
Baby I'll take you there, yeah

Oh, tell me, tell me, tell me, how to turn your love on
You can get, get anything that you want
Baby just shout it out, shout it out
Baby just shout it out, yeah

And if you,
You want me too
Let's make a move

Yeah, so tell me girl if every time we

To-o-uch
You get this kind of ru-u-ush
Baby, say yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah, yeah
If you don't wanna take it slow
And you just wanna take me home
Baby, say yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah

And let me kiss you

Oh, baby, baby, don't you know you got what I need
Looking so good from your head to your feet
Come on come over here, over here
Come on come over here, yeah

Oh, I just wanna show you off to all of my friends
Making them drool down their chinny-chin-chins
Baby, be mine tonight, mine tonight
Baby, be mine tonight, yeah

And if you,
You want me too
Let's make a move

Yeah, so tell me girl if every time we

To-o-uch
You get this kind of ru-u-ush
Baby, say yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah, yeah
If you don't wanna take it slow (c'mon)
And you just wanna take me home
Baby, say yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah

And let me kiss you [5x]

C'mon
Na na na na na na na na

Yeah, so tell me, girl, if every time we

To-o-uch
You get this kind of ru-u-ush
Baby, say yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah, yeah
If you don't wanna take it slow
And you just wanna take me home
Baby, say yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah, yeah

Every time we to-o-uch
You get this kind of ru-u-ush
Baby, say yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah, yeah
If you don't wanna take it slow
And you just wanna take me home
Baby, say yeah, yeah, yeah,
yeah, yeah

And let me kiss you

I giggled a bit as I noticed how Alex was smiling up at him when the song ended.
The crowd was drowned in applause and Alex rushed up on stage, wrapping her arms around Fred's neck.
"Thank you." I heard her tell him, before quickly kissing him on the lips.
The common room erupted in cat calls and cheers.
"A-Alex." Fred stuttered, looking at her as a bright blush crept onto his cheeks.
"It's not like you to get embarrassed." She said to him, a huge grin on her face.
I-I'm not embarrassed." He said, quickly looking away before his voice dropped a bit. "And I'm not the birthday girl."