Chapter 11

After going to bed I wake up from the usual nightmares and know I can't go back to sleep without a sleeping drought.
I look at the clock and see its 1am. I get out of bad and tiptoe out of the dorm, and creep down the stairs to the common room suspecting nobody would be there at this hour.
To my surprise there was one person still downstairs, George, sitting in front of the fire in one of the armchairs.
I take a few steps closer to see he's asleep.
I sit down in the chair next to his and just sort of watch him.
He looks so peaceful.
I notice a bit of hair in his face and reach over to brush it back, but grab my wrist with my other hand, stoping myself short.
What and I doing?!?
I look over at the fire and after a few minutes I hear him begin to stir.
"Hi" I whisper, looking back up at him.
"Hey." He says groggily. "What are you still doing up?"
"What are you still doing down here?" I ask playfully.
"Sleeping." He says with a smirk. "Wasn't it obvious?"
A small grin appears on my lips.
"I woke up from a nightmare and can't sleep without sleeping drought." I state looking back at the fire.
"Wanna make one?" He asks. "It can be the first of my potions tutoring."
"Um.... Sure." I say, getting up from my seat. "But where?"
"I know just the place." He says excitedly. "Just let me go grab something."
He quietly dashes up the stairs to the boys dorms.
A few minutes later he comes back down the stairs with his wand and a folded up piece of parchment.
"Just needed to borrow something from Harry." He states, holding up the parchment.
"Okay...?" I say, thoroughly confused.
"Just trust me." He says with a smile.
"Ok." I say and walk over to him. "So what's with the parchment?"
"What happened to trusting me?" He asks teasingly with a small laugh.
"I do trust you, I'm just curious." I state, shrugging my shoulders.
"It's a map." He says, unfolding it.
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." He whispers, taping the center of the parchment with his wand.
"Wow." I say amazed as a map begins to draw out on the parchment, like ink spilling through lines.
"Cool, right?" He asks.
"Totally!" I answer, excited to learn about new magic.
"You see this door here?" He asks pointing to a door that lead to nothing near moaning Myrtles bathroom.
"The room or requirement?" I ask/answer.
"Yep." He sates proudly. "We can go there!"
"Then let's get going!" I exclaim excitedly, if not slightly confused.
We quickly exit the portrait hole and begin to walk towards the room of requirement.
--------------------------------------
When we finally get there I notice there's no door on the wall where the room is supposed to be.
"Where's the door?" I ask, a bit disappointed.
"You have to need the room before it will come, think of why you need to and pace three times in front of where it should be." He says, a small smile forming on his face.
I step away from the wall and do as I'm told.
I need a room so I can create a potion to hide from my nightmares.
I repeat the thought in my head as I pace the floor three times, keeping my eyes firmly shut.
I finally open my eyes and see a large double wooden door with shiny gold handles, where there used to just be bare walk.
"That's so cool!" I exclaim quietly as I rush over and swing the door open.
George follows me in and sits down on the couch in the middle of the room.
"Now think of the stuff we'll need for the potion." He tells me.
"Okay." I say, and again do as I'm told.
I close my eyes and think of all the things we'll need to make the sleeping drought.
I slowly open my eyes and see all the things laid out on the table on front of me.
"Wicked!" I exclaim, dancing around all giddy.
"Let's get to work." I say, calming down a little, a wide grin plastered on my face.
"Okay." He says getting up and walking over to me.
The next hour we spend making about a lifetime supply of sleeping drought.
We both sit down on the couch, utterly exhausted.
"Have fun?" He asks, noticing the smile still stuck on my face.
"Of course." I chirp as my eyelids become heavy and I lean back further into the cushions.
"We should probably get you back to Griffindor tower." He says.
But I'm already in a state close to sleeping.
"Alice?" He asks me.

George POV
I look over to her and see her asleep.
"Guess I'll have to carry you there." I say with a small chuckle.
I walk over to her and pick her up, leaning her head on my shoulder.
I step out of the room, making sure to grab a few bottles of the sleeping drought, and make my way up to Griffindor tower.
Once through the portrait I walk over to the closest couch and gently lay her down.
"Goodnight Alice." I whisper in her ear, and then walk up to my room.